Sisid (TV series)
|Also known as||Pearl Diver|
|Directed by||Ricky Davao|
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
|Opening theme||"Sa Piling Ko" by Julie Anne San Jose|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||79|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30–45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||May 30– September 16, 2011|
Sisid (International title: Pearl Diver / lit. Dive) is a 2011 Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Ricky Davao, it stars Jackie Rice, JC Tiuseco and Dominic Roco. It premiered on May 30, 2011 on the network's Dramarama sa Hapon line up replacing My Lover, My Wife. The series concluded on September 16, 2011 with a total of 79 episodes. It was replaced by Kung Aagawin Mo Ang Langit in its timeslot.
Sisid was first launched as part of GMA Network's "nationwide dominance" plug and was originally set to replace Koreana starting 28 February. It was postponed because Jackie Rice, who plays the main character, did not know how to swim (as required by the show); she took swimming training and lessons before taping any episodes. My Lover, My Wife suddenly took out the time slot that was originally meant for Sisid.
Perlante, a pearl that is believed to give wealth and comfort to anyone who gets it. This is one of the dreams of Eden, to get the said pearl. Due to her expertise in diving, she is very confident that someday she will find it.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Supporting cast
- Angelu De Leon as Alicia Cordelia
- Bembol Roco as Don Segismundo Zaragoza
- Bela Padilla as Monique
- Alicia Mayer as Alona Zaragoza
- Rich Asuncion as Frida
- Ian Batherson as Dexter
- Recurring cast
- Marco Alcaraz as Chad
- Ynna Asistio as Gina
- Marc Acueza as Samuel Zaragoza
- Maricar De Mesa as Perla
- Daniel Fernando as Hamil Cordelia
- Leo Martinez as Ramon dela Vida
- Chanda Romero as Mommy L
- Jackie Rice finally plunges into stardom via Sisid
- Pagbibida naudlot, Jackie Rice 'di matutong lumangoy
- Angelu de Leon accepts the fact that she is now a "senior star", PEP Philippine Entertainment Portal
- Santiago, Erwin (May 31, 2011). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila People & Household Ratings (May 27-30): Amaya begins its epic journey; Mara Clara still leads primetime". Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Santiago, Erwin (September 20, 2011). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila People & Household Ratings (Sept. 16-19): TV5 conquers Sunday programming; Eat Bulaga! remains unstoppable". Retrieved March 5, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|