Sisterhood Is Forever
|Publisher||Washington Square Press|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Preceded by||Sisterhood Is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology (1984)|
Sisterhood Is Forever: The Women's Anthology for a New Millennium is a 2003 anthology of feminist writings edited by Robin Morgan. Sisterhood Is Forever has more than fifty women contributing sixty original essays written specifically for it. Sisterhood is Forever is the follow-up anthology to Sisterhood Is Global: The International Women's Movement Anthology (1984), which itself is the follow-up to Sisterhood is Powerful: An Anthology of Writings From The Women's Liberation Movement(1970). Sisterhood Is Forever shows the reader feminism's emphases and accomplishments as of 2003. Essays range in tone from scholarly to narrative and provide both conservative and liberal view points. The focus is on feminism in the United States. The book addresses why feminism is still needed in the 21st century, providing "alarming" statistics about the status of women in the United States in Morgan's introduction.
Sisterhood Is Forever was considered "multifaceted and compelling" by Publishers Weekly. According to reviewer Kathy Davis, Robin Morgan's touch can be seen throughout the book, showing a clear sense of vision through her choices of essays and her footnotes. While some critics felt that focusing on the U.S. was "problematic," others felt that it made sense, especially in the wake of 9/11.
- Kuebler, Carolyn (March 15, 2003). "Sisterhood is Forever". Library Journal. 128 (5): 104. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Sisterhood Is Forever". Robin Morgan. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "BOOKS | An Interview With Robin Morgan". Hybridmagazine.Com. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Douglas, Carol Anne (2003). "Sisterhood is Forever". Off Our Backs. 33 (11/12): 57–59. ISSN 0030-0071. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Sisterhood is Forever: The Women's Anthology for a New Millennium". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Davis, Kathy (September 2003). "Sisterhood 23 Years Later". Women's Review of Books. 20 (12): 8–9. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Sisterhood: Get Used to It!". Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine. June 2003. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Landsberg, Michele (March 29, 2003). "Eloquent Essays Prove Feminism Far from Dead". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 11, 2015 – via Newspaper Source.