Adoratrices Handmaids of the Blessed Sacrament and of Charity
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
There are serious allegations that, during Franco's dictatorship, they were involved in the institutionalised theft of babies from unmarried women and left-wing activities, as well as in the "reformation and regeneration" of women prisoners.
Examples of the Sisters' work can be seen at the following links:
- www.rahabuk.com - supporting women affected by prostitution and victims of sex trafficking in the United Kingdom
- www.proyectoesperanza.org and www.sicarasturias.org - supporting victims of sex trafficking in Spain
- www.fundacionamaranta.org - Amaranta Solidarity Foundation promoting the human rights of women in prostitution and victims of sex trafficking worldwide by developing sustainable support programmes in Asia, Africa, Europe and Latin America.
- "Historia de la Congregación". Adoratrices.
- "St. Maria Michaela Desmaisieres". Catholic Online. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- es:Adoratrices Esclavas del Santísimo Sacramento y de la Caridad
- Testa, Mirko (12 June 2008). "Nuns Help Prostitutes Heal, Give Them Hope". ZENIT. Innovative Media Inc. Retrieved 26 January 2014.