Sisters of the Moon
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Sisters of the Moon"|
|Single by Fleetwood Mac|
|from the album Tusk|
|B-side||"Walk a Thin Line"|
|Released||June 1980 (USA)|
|Length||4:36 (album), 4:41 (single mix)|
|Producer(s)||Fleetwood Mac, Richard Dashut, Ken Caillat|
|Fleetwood Mac singles chronology|
"Sisters of the Moon" is a song by British-American rock group Fleetwood Mac. It was written and performed by band-member Stevie Nicks and was released in the US as the fourth single from the 1979 album Tusk. It peaked at No. 86 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The song was not released in the UK, where "Not That Funny" had been released as a single instead. The rare 'single version' of "Sisters of the Moon" is included on the compilation The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac and both the 2004 and 2015 remaster of 'Tusk'.
When performed live, the song would usually go for over 8 minutes in length, most notably the Mirage Tour version in 1982. The song was dropped after this tour. Fleetwood Mac later revived the song for their 2013 Tour. The song was also played on the North American and European legs of the On with the Show tour.
- Mick Fleetwood – drums
- John McVie – bass guitar
- Christine McVie – keyboards
- Lindsey Buckingham – guitars
- Stevie Nicks – vocals
- "Billboard Hot 100 History for Sisters Of The Moon by Fleetwood Mac". Song Database. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "VINTAGE VIDEO: 'Sisters of the Moon'". Stevie Nicks Info. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- "FULL VIDEO: The Elusive "Sisters of the Moon" + More Photos - Fleetwood Mac Live in Philadelphia 4/6/2013". Fleetwood Mac News. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
The Great Rock Discography by Martin C.Strong. Page 378. ISBN 1-84195-312-1