Sisters on the Road
|Sisters on the Road|
|Hangul||지금, 이대로가 좋아요|
|Hanja||只今, 이대로가 좋아요|
|Revised Romanization||Jigeum, idaeroga joayo|
|McCune–Reischauer||Chigŭm, idaeroga choayo|
|Directed by||Boo Ji-young|
|Produced by||Park Soon-hong|
|Written by||Boo Ji-young|
|Music by||Choi Seung-hyun|
|Edited by||Kim Su-jin|
Sisters on the Road (Hangul: 지금, 이대로가 좋아요; RR: Jigeum, idaeroga joayo; lit. "Now, things are just fine as they are") is a South Korean independent film written and directed by Boo Ji-young, and starring Shin Mina and Gong Hyo-jin.
The sudden death of her mother brings Myung-eun back home to Jeju island. There she meets her estranged sister Myung-ju and Myung-ju's daughter Seung-ah, still living at their old home, and Hyun-ah who has lived with them for over 20 years like a relative. A career woman whose hard exterior masks her illegitimacy and abandonment issues, Myung-eun tells Hyun-ah she wants to start looking for her father after the funeral. Single-minded in her desire to dig up memories of her father and discover why he left, Myung-eun resents that Myung-ju, who like their mother is a carefree fish trader and an unmarried mother of a young daughter, seemingly doesn't care. At first Myung-ju is reluctant to accompany Myung-eun, but after Hyun-ah persuades her, guilt and her sense of duty as an older sibling prevails. And so the two sisters who are dissimilar in character, lifestyle and even fathers go on a road trip together. On their trip, Myung-eun and Myung-ju quarrel over their differences, share secrets, reminisce about their past, and eventually embrace each other as family.
- Shin Mina ... Park Myung-eun
- Gong Hyo-jin ... Oh Myung-ju
- Kim Sang-hyun ... Hyun-ah
- Chu Kwi-jung ... Hye-sook
- Moon Jae-woon ... Hyun-sik
- Bae Eun-jin ... Seung-ah
- "Sisters on the Road". IndieStory. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- Shin, Hae-in (14 April 2009). "Stunning ending polarizes audiences in sisterhood movie". Yonhap. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Shin Mina & Kong Hyo Jin’s Interview". Movieweek via KP Culture. 9 May 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- D'Sa, Nigel (1 October 2008). "Korean World Premieres at PIFF 2008". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Edwards, Russell (20 October 2008). "Sisters on the Road". Variety. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Maggie (5 October 2008). "Sisters on the Road". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Sisters on the Road: Bottom line". The Korea Society. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- Lee, Sang-yong. "Sisters on the Road". PIFF.org. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- Mudge, James (7 November 2009). "Sisters on the Road (2008) Movie Review". Beyond Hollywood. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sisters on the Road on IMDb
- Sisters on the Road at the Korean Movie Database
- Sisters on the Road at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|