Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Sisyphus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sisyphus was the king of Corinth, punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill in Greek mythology.
Sisyphus may also refer to:
- 1866 Sisyphus, an Apollo asteroid
- Sisyphus of Pharsalus, a contemporary of Plato
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Sisyphus (dialogue), a dialogue between Socrates and Sisyphus of Pharsalus, attributed to Plato
- The Myth of Sisyphus, an essay by Albert Camus
- Sisyphus (hip hop group), a musical collaboration formerly known as S / S / S featuring Serengeti, Son Lux, and Sufjan Stevens
- Sisyphus (album), their 2014 debut album
- Sisyphus, a 1971 album by Cold Blood
- Stone Of Sisyphus, an album by the American rock band Chicago
- "Sysyphus", an avant-garde piece of music from the Pink Floyd album Ummagumma
Other arts, entertainment, and media
- Sisyphus (film), a 1974 animated short film by Marcell Jankovics
- Sisyphus (beetle), a genus of dung beetles
- Český klub skeptiků Sisyfos, Czech Skeptics' Club
- Sisyphus effect, a method of cooling below temperatures predicted by Doppler Cooling in Atomic Physics
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sisyphus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.