From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Sisyphus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sisyphus was the king of Corinth, punished in Tartarus by being cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill in Greek mythology.
Sisyphus may also refer to:
- 1866 Sisyphus, an Apollo asteroid
- Sisyphus (beetle), a genus of dung beetles
- Sisyphus of Pharsalus, a contemporary of Plato
- Sisyphus (dialogue), a dialogue between Socrates and Sisyphus of Pharsalus, attributed to Plato
- Sisyphus (film), a 1974 animated short film by Marcell Jankovics
- Sisyphus (hip hop group), a musical collaboration formerly known as S / S / S featuring Serengeti, Son Lux, and Sufjan Stevens
- Sisyphus (album), their 2014 debut album
- Sisyphus, a 1971 album by Cold Blood
- Stone Of Sisyphus, an album by the American rock band Chicago
- Sisyphus effect, a method of cooling below temperatures predicted by Doppler Cooling in Atomic Physics
- The Myth of Sisyphus, an essay by Albert Camus
- "Sysyphus", an avant-garde piece of music from the Pink Floyd album Ummagumma
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sisyphus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.