Sitamarhi (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||5. Sitamarhi|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
Sitamarhi (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (Hindi: सीतामढी विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is an assembly constituency in Sitamarhi district in the Indian state of Bihar. In Bihar Legislative Assembly election, 2015, Sitamarhi will be one of the 36 seats to have VVPAT enabled electronic voting machines.
In the November 2010, October 2005 and February 2005 state assembly elections, Sunil Kumar of BJP won the 28 Sitamarhi assembly seat defeating his nearest rivals Raghwendra Kumar Singh of LJP in November 2010, Md. Khalil Ansari of INC in October 2005, and Mohammad Tahir of RJD in February 2005. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Shahid Ali Khan of RJD defeated Hari Shankar Prasad of BJP in 2000. Hari Shankar Prasad of BJP defeated Shahid Ali Khan of JD in 1995. Shahid Ali Khan of JD defeated Hari Shankar Prasad, Independent, in 1990. Khalil Ansari of Congress defeated Ram Deo Singh of CPI in 1985. Pir Mohammad Ansari of Congress defeated Ram Swartha Rai of Janata Party (Secular – Charan Singh) in 1980. Ram Sagar Prasad Yadav of Congress defeated Ramswarath Rai of JP in 1977 
- "36 Seats in Bihar to Have Electronic Voting Machines With Paper Trail Facility".
- "Poll-bound Bihar to get 36 EVMs with paper trail facility".
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Sitamarhi election results from 1977". Travel India Guide. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "67 - Sitamarhi Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-10.