|No. 17 – Movistar Estudiantes|
October 20, 1978 |
|Nationality||Senegalese / Spanish|
|Listed height||2.01 m (6 ft 7 in)|
|Listed weight||103 kg (227 lb)|
|High school||UN International School
(New York City, New York)
|NBA draft||2000 / Undrafted|
|2004–2012||CB Gran Canaria|
|2015–2016||Herbalife Gran Canaria|
Sitapha Savané (born 20 August 1978) is a Senegalese professional basketball player with Estudiantes in the Liga ACB of Spain. He is also a member of the Senegal national basketball team. He attended Navy and played basketball there, and was featured in the book The Last Amateurs. His father is Landing Savane.
Savané attended the United States Naval Academy, from which he graduated in 2000. In his junior and senior seasons, Savané was first team all Patriot League. He also led Navy in scoring, rebounding, blocks, field goal percentage and steals. He originally planned to not attend Navy, but when his Service Time was shortened he reconsidered.
- "Distinciones para Juan Carlos Arteaga y Sitapha Savané en Las Palmas de GC" (in Spanish). 7 June 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- ACB.com profile (Spanish)
- Profile CBGranCanaria.com (Spanish)
- Draft Profile SportsIllustrated.com 2000 NBA Draft
- EurocupBasketball.com Profile
|This biographical article relating to a Senegalese basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|