Ribbon of the Sitara-e-Jurat
|Awarded by Pakistan|
|Eligibility||Military only (Conferrable on all ranks)|
|Awarded for||"...for gallant and distinguished service performed in combat..." |
|Established||16 March 1957|
|Next (higher)||(1) Nishan-i-Haider
|Next (lower)||(4) Tamgha-i-Jurat|
Sitara-e-Jurat (Star of Courage) is the third highest military award of Pakistan. It was established in 1957 after Pakistan became a Republic; however, it was instituted retrospectively back to 1947. It is awarded for gallantry or distinguished service in combat; and can be bestowed upon officers, junior commissioned officers,Petty officers, warrant officers, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and equivalents in the Pakistan Army, Navy, Air Force, and various paramilitary forces under federal control such as the Frontier Corps, the Frontier Constabulary and the Pakistan Rangers. It may be considered to be roughly equivalent to the Military Cross and the Silver Star.
List of recipients
Punjab Regiment, 1965
- PA-882 Major General Muhammad Jamshed, MC SJ
- PA-? Brigadier Muhammad Taj, SJ & Bar
- PSS-15177 Major Malik Munawar Khan Awan, SJ & Bar, 21 AK Regiment, Commander of only successful Ghaznavi Force of Operation Gibraltar.
- Number-335139 Sepoy Maqbool Hussain.
- PA-? Lieutenant Colonel Sahibzad Gul Shaheed
6 Lancers, Armed Corps., Khem Karan, 1965
- Major Mohammad Zia Uddin Uppal
30 SP Artillery Regiment, Wagah, 1965
- Brigadier Syed Mohammad Ahmed, SJ 1965 - 25th Cavalry
- Major General Mumtaz Ali SJ & Bar
- PA-919 * Brigadier M.Aslam Khan, SJ, Pakistan war hero- Liberation War Gilgit-Baltistan, 1948
29 Cavalry (Armoured Corps)
- 2nd Lieutenant Khalid Kark (Shaheed), Kushtia, East Pakistan (now Bangladesh), 9 December 1971
Azad Kashmir Regiment Major Mujahid Mirani Shaheed - 26 November Salala 2011
- Lt.Col. Muhammad Sher Khan (1947- 48 Kashmir War)
Pakistan Air Force
- Syed Saad Akhtar Hatmi 
- Muhammad Mahmood Alam
- Sarfraz Rafiqui
- Imtiaz Bhatti
- Farooq Umar
- ST Hussain
- PAF Combat website on military awards
- Robertson, Megan. "Star of Courage (Sitara-i-Jur'at)". Medals.org. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- "Honours and Awards". Pakistan Army. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- "Welcome to ISPR". Ispr.gov.pk. 2008-08-13. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- http://www.paffalcons.com/legend/Saad-Hatmi.php. Missing or empty
- "Legendary Falcons of the PAF - Flight Lieutenant Imtiaz Ahmad Bhatti, Sitara-i-Juraat". PAF Falcons.
- "Legendary Falcons of the PAF - Squadron Leader Farooq Umar, Sitara-i-Juraat". PAF Falcons. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "Legendary Falcons of the PAF - Squadron Leader Syed Tarafdar Hussain, Squadron Leader Aymen Iqbal ChaudhrySitara-i-Juraat". PAF Falcons. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Nishan-e-Haider, from Pakistan Television Corp (PTV). Television drama on Captain Raja Muhammad Sarwar Shaheed, Rashid Minhas Shaheed, and Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed
- 1965 first Air combat - a thrilling dog fight
- PAF September account
- Flying Start PAF opens its account in 1965
- Rafiqui opens September account
- PAF Museum
- Sqdn Ldr Sarfraz Ahmed Rafiqui
- Air Attack - Outbreak of the WAR (Sept 1st - 6th)
- Edward Haynes webpage on Pakistani awards