Ribbon of the Sitara-e-Jurat
|Awarded by Pakistan|
|Eligibility||Military only (Conferrable on all ranks)|
|Awarded for||"...gallant and distinguished service performed in combat..."|
|Established||16 March 1957|
|Next (higher)||(1) Nishan-i-Haider |
|Next (lower)||(4) Tamgha-i-Jurat|
Sitara-e-Jurat (Urdu: ستارہ جرأت, Star of Courage) is the third highest military award of Pakistan. It was established in 1957 after Pakistan became a Republic; however, it was instituted retrospectively back to 1947. It is awarded for gallantry or distinguished service in combat; and can be bestowed upon officers, junior commissioned officers, Petty officers, warrant officers, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and equivalents in the Pakistan Army, Navy, Air Force, and various paramilitary forces under federal control such as the Frontier Corps, the Frontier Constabulary and the Pakistan Rangers. It may be considered to be roughly equivalent to the Military Cross and the Silver Star.
List of recipients
Frontier Force Regiment, 1965
- Major Shabbir Sharif Shaheed (NH, SJ), (Received SJ for actions in Chhamb-Jaurian Sector as 2nd Lieutenant in 1965)
Punjab Regiment, 1965
- PA-83 Major Muhammad Akbar Khan SJ(1948 Kashmir War)
- PA-? Lt Col Muhammad Rafiq SJ
- PA-882 Major General Muhammad Jamshed, MC SJ
- PA-? Brigadier Muhammad Taj, SJ & Bar
- PA-* Brigadier Abu Rashid, SJ & HI(M)
- PSS-15177 Major Malik Munawar Khan Awan, SJ & Bar, 21 AK Regiment, Commander of only successful Ghaznavi Force of Operation Gibraltar.
- Number-335139 Sepoy Maqbool Hussain.
- PA-? Lieutenant Colonel Sahibzad Gul Shaheed
PA-? Capt Sagheer Hussain Shaheed, SJ. Punjab Regt.
PA - Lt Col J.F Golwalla, SJ. 16th Punjab Regt, 1965 War (Dograi)
6 Lancers, Armed Corps., Khem Karan, 1965
- Major Mohammad Zia Uddin Uppal Shaheed, SJ
Abdul Rab Niazi
30 SP Artillery Regiment, Wagah, 1965
PSS 3682 Major Saiyid Naseem Haider Rizvi( Shaheed ) SJ 14BR Sialkot Sector 1965 war ( Recommended for Nishan-e-Haider)
Baloch Regiment,1965 War
- PA-? Capt Hafiz Muhammad Ahmad, SJ- 25th Cavalry
- Major General Mumtaz Ali SJ & Bar
- PA-919 * Brigadier M.Aslam Khan, SJ, Pakistan war hero- Liberation War Gilgit-Baltistan, 1948
29 Cavalry (Armoured Corps)
- 2nd Lieutenant Khalid Kark (Shaheed), Kushtia, East Pakistan (now Bangladesh), 9 December 1971
Azad Kashmir Regiment
- Mujahida Hussain Bibi (1947- 48 Kashmir War) First Female Sitara-e-Jurat of Pakistan 
- Major Mujahid Mirani Shaheed - 26 November Salala 2011
- PSS 15720 Major Mohammad Din SJ 1965 1st AK Regiment
- PA- 6368 Major Muhummad Asjad Latif (Ord Depot Qta/2 E BR) (29-3-71 East Pakistan)
- Lt.Col.Abdul Hanan Bajwa (2015 operation azm)
- Lt.Col. Muhammad Sher Khan (1947- 48 Kashmir War)
- PN-643 Commander Zafar Muhammad Khan SJ & HJ, Submarine PNS/M Ghazi
- Vice Admiral (Retd) Irfan Ahmed (SJ & HI-Military) - India Pakistan War 1971 (serving as Lieutenant on a PN Gunboat in erstwhile East Pakistan).
Pakistan Air Force
- Flight Lieutenant Saiful Azam PAF's No. 17 Squadron from PAF Base Sargodha, post 1971-joined BAF
- Muhammad Shafique
- Syed Saad Akhtar Hatmi
- Muhammad Mahmood Alam
- Sarfraz Rafiqui
- Imtiaz Bhatti
- Farooq Umar
- Flight Lieutenant Yusuf Ali Khan
- ST Hussain
- PAF Combat website on military awards Archived 2007-03-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Robertson, Megan. "Star of Courage (Sitara-i-Jur'at)". Medals.org. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- "Honours and Awards". Pakistan Army. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- "Welcome to ISPR". Ispr.gov.pk. 2008-08-13. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "Hilal The Pak Armed Forces'Magzine". April 2016.
- "Irfan Ahmed | Pakistan Today". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- "KARACHI: Commander Karachi takes charge". DAWN.COM. 2002-12-11. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- http://www.paffalcons.com/legend/Saad-Hatmi.php. Missing or empty
- "Legendary Falcons of the PAF - Flight Lieutenant Imtiaz Ahmad Bhatti, Sitara-i-Juraat". PAF Falcons.
- "Legendary Falcons of the PAF - Squadron Leader Farooq Umar, Sitara-i-Juraat". PAF Falcons. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- http://www.pafmuseum.com.pk/heroes/1965-gallantry-awards. Missing or empty
- "Legendary Falcons of the PAF - Squadron Leader Syed Tarafdar Hussain, Squadron Leader Aymen Iqbal ChaudhrySitara-i-Juraat". PAF Falcons. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Nishan-e-Haider, from Pakistan Television Corp (PTV). Television drama on Captain Raja Muhammad Sarwar Shaheed, Rashid Minhas Shaheed, and Major Raja Aziz Bhatti Shaheed
- 1965 first Air combat - a thrilling dog fight
- PAF September account
- Flying Start PAF opens its account in 1965
- Rafiqui opens September account
- PAF Museum
- Sqdn Ldr Sarfraz Ahmed Rafiqui
- Air Attack - Outbreak of the WAR (Sept 1st - 6th)
- Edward Haynes webpage on Pakistani awards
- Decorations and Medals of Pakistan
- Pakistan's Medals