|Michael Seifert, CEO|
|Products||Sitecore Experience Platform|
In 1998 in Copenhagen, Denmark, University of Copenhagen alumni Thomas Albert, Jakob Christensen, Peter Christensen, Ole Sas Thrane, and current Sitecore CEO Michael Seifert cofounded Pentia A/S, a systems integration company that focused on implementing websites built on Microsoft technologies. At the time, building and managing websites required the expertise of a programmer or developer. Ole Sas Thrane and Jakob Christensen devised a set of methods for automating those processes and decided to turn their invention into a marketable product that would today be classified as a web content management system.
In 2001, Sitecore was spun off as a separate business entity that initially sold content management systems in the Danish market to IT departments. However, the company has grown into a global provider of customer experience management software targeted primarily to corporate marketing departments and marketing service providers.
In the latter part of 2015 a portion of Sitecore's operations moved to Marina Plaza in Sausalito, California.
Sitecore is currently on version 8.1, which was initially released in December 2015.
- 2014 July 8: Sitecore acquired a majority stake in Komfo, a Danish social media marketing and community engagement application provider, and introduced its social media marketing suite, Sitecore Social.
- 2013 November 20: Sitecore acquired the assets of commerceserver.net for an undisclosed sum from Smith (formerly Ascentium) and took responsibility and ownership for developing, marketing, and selling Commerce Server, a former Microsoft product Sitecore announced an early access program for its Sitecore Commerce product on August 5, 2014.
- 2011 July 5: Sitecore acquired the development team and the intellectual property of Pectora, provider of web publishing solutions for deep integration with print-based projects.
Awards and recognition
- 2015 Forrester Research's Forrester Wave for Web Content Management Systems : Leader
- 2014 Forrester Research's Forrester Wave for Digital Experience Delivery Platforms: Strong performer
- 2014 Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Campaign Management: Visionary
- 2014 Microsoft Alliance ISV Partner of the Year
- 2014 KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management
- 2013 Forrester Research's Forrester Wave for Web Content Management for Digital Customer Experience: Leader
- 2013 Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management: Leader
- 2013 Microsoft Enterprise ISV of the Year
- 2013 EContent Magazine's Top 100 Companies in the Digital Content Industry
- 2013 CMS Critic's: People's Choice Award Winner and Critic's Choice Award Winner for Best Enterprise CMS
- "Pentia: About Us". Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- Thrane and Christensen, United States Patent 7,856,345, Method for building and managing a web site, December 2010
- "Sitecore triples size in Sausalito move". North Bay Business Journal. 2014-08-04.
- Seifert and Christensen, United States Patent 8,255,526, "A method for collecting human experience analytics data", August 2012
- "Sitecore Technical Debt". sagittarius.agency. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "Social media marketing from Sitecore". KM World. July 14, 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Sitecore Acquires Commerceserver.net to Extend .NET CXM Play". Gartner Inc. November 27, 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Sitecore Adds Print Media to Customer Engagement Platform via Acquisition". CMS Wire. July 5, 2011. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Web Content Management Systems, Q1 2015". Forrester Research, Inc. 4 February 2015.
- "The Forrester Wave: Digital Experience Delivery Platforms, Q3 2014". Forrester Research. 22 July 2014.
- "Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Campaign Management". Gartner Inc. 21 May 2014.
- "Congratulations 2014 WPC Partner of the Year Award Winners and Finalists!". Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "KMWorld 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management". 2014-03-01. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "The Forrester Wave: Web Content Management for Digital Customer Experience, Q2 2013". Gartner Inc. 8 April 2013.
- "Gartner MQ for Web Content Management 2013". Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Microsoft announces winners and finalists of 2013 Sales Achievement program". 2014-07-30. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "The Top 100 Companies in the Digital Content Industry: The 2013-2014 EContent 100". 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "2013 Critic's Choice Winner for Best Enterprise CMS". 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|