||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Isle of Skye, Scotland|
|Campbell Grant, Managing director
Chris Eckl, CTO & Research Director
Dan Moulin, Sales and Marketing Director
Ian Stewart, Production Director
|Products||Sitekit CMS 10.2 (November 2014)|
Sitekit Health Ltd
Sitekit CMS was developed by Sitekit Solutions Ltd originally founded in 1989 by Campbell Grant to specialise in computer control systems in the energy sector. By 1994, the company began to focus on Internet, e-business and multimedia solutions. In 1999, the company started to develop a set of software tools to provide complete control over website management which led to the launch of Sitekit CMS v1, in 2000 at CeBIT in Hanover.
In November 2006, Sitekit CMS version 7 was released, this version focused on neutral natural Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), usability, and website accessibility compliance. In 2009 Sitekit CMS v9 was launched which introduced a ribbon style editing interface and more advanced editing features, designed to give editors a more familiar editing environment and make the software more application like. In 2010 Sitekit Solutions Ltd reported a record year of growth. In the same year Sitekit CMS 9.0 passed Microsoft’s applications testing whilst renewing a Gold-status Partnership with Microsoft, ensuring that Sitekit CMS works on the latest Microsoft platform and providing access to more hosting options. The latest version Sitekit CMS 10, was released in March 2014.
- Natural search engine optimisation
- Compliance to international public accessibility standards
- Software development kit enabling integration into third party systems such as booking and reservation
- Latest advances in software usability
- Publish website in multiple languages
Earlier versions of Sitekit CMS had notable users in the transport and local government industries. Today more than 300 private and public sector organizations websites are powered by Sitekit CMS. This includes Sitekit CMS powered websites for national organisations such as the UK NHS and multinationals such as Tyco/ADT.
- "Why use Sitekit Content Management System (CMS)?". Generate UK. 2009-01-06.
- "Burning ideas in tech hot house". BBC News. 2008-05-29.
- "Sitekit reports a record year of growth". Pressport.co.uk. 2010-05-03.
- "Microsoft Solutions Directory". Solutionfinder.microsoft.com. 2011-07-04.
- "Sitekit CMS Release Notes Version 10 March 2014". Sitekit.net. 2014-03-10.
- "Ten Reasons why I like Sitekit Content Management System". Blog.generateuk.co.uk. 2010-03-01.
- "Sitekit CMS". Netsitekit.co.uk. 2010-03-01.
- "North drive to capitalise on overseas trade opportunities". Pressandjournal.co.uk. 2010-08-04.
- "Sitekit CMS". Creative-partners.co.uk. 2009-05-11.
- "Firm to build centre of online innovation". Pressandjournal.co.uk. 2008-06-16.