Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff
Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff
سيتي زايله بنت محمد يوسف
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Rantau Panjang
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Abdul Fatah Harun (PAS)|
Siti Zailah binti Mohd Yusoff
12 October 1963
|Political party||Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS)|
|People's Alliance (PR) (2008–2015)|
Ideas of Prosperity (GS) (2016–present)
|Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff on Parliament of Malaysia|
Dato' Hajjah Siti Zailah binti Mohd Yusoff (Jawi: سيتي زايله بنت محمد يوسف; born 12 October 1963) is a Malaysian politician and the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Rantau Panjang constituency in Kelantan. She is a member of Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) and the head of the party's women's wing.
She was elected to the Dewan Rakyat, the lower house of the Parliament of Malaysia for Rantau Panjang in the 2008 general election. Before her election she was a Senator for Kelantan, an appointed position. She won the seat again in the 2013 general election.
In 2011 she was elected as the head of PAS Muslimat, the women's wing of PAS. She retained the post in the 2013 party elections.
In July 2014, after the shootdown of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, Siti Zailah stated that in light of the possibility of "Allah's wrath" Malaysia Airlines should stop serving alcohol and revise the dress code of the female flight attendants, and especially so for Muslim females. Empower, the non-governmental organization criticized her statements, accusing them of being "insensitive and irrelevant".
|2008||Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff (PAS)||19,344||54.57%||Mohd Afandi Yusoff (UMNO)||14,858||41.91%||35,451||4,486||78.11%|
|Isma Airfath Hassanuddin (IND)||330||0.93%|
|2013||Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff (PAS)||23,724||56.57%||Ghazali Ismail (UMNO)||17,448||41.61%||41,934||6,362||79.27%|
|2018||Siti Zailah Mohd Yusoff (PAS)||24,581||50.82%||Abdullah Mat Yasim (UMNO)||18,431||38.10%||49,639||6,150||75.08%|
|Wan Shah Jihan Wan Din (AMANAH)||5,361||11.08%|
- Kelantan :
- "Siti Zailah binti Mohd Yusoff, Y.B. Puan" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 14 April 2010. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- "Kelantan Continues To Add Colour To Local Politics". Bernama. 24 February 2008. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- "Siti Zailah retains PAS Muslimat top post". The Star. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Hodal, Kate. "MH370 families offer to counsel bereaved relatives of MH17 victims" (Archived 3 August 2014 at WebCite). The Guardian. 27 July 2014. Retrieved on 3 August 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 27 May 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 19 April 2013. Results only available from the 2004 election (GE11).
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.Results only available for the 2013 election.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Ketua Audit Negara dahului senarai 623 penerima kehormatan Kelantan" (in Malay). Bernama. 11 November 2019. Retrieved 11 November 2019.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|