Sitoh Yih Pin
|Sitoh Yih Pin|
|Member of Parliament|
for Potong Pasir SMC
|Assumed office |
8 May 2011
|Preceded by||Chiam See Tong|
|Born||December 2, 1963|
|Political party||People's Action Party (2001)|
|Alma mater||National University of Singapore|
Sitoh Yih Pin (Chinese: 司徒宇斌; pinyin: Sītú Yǔbīn, born 2 December 1963) is a Singaporean politician from the Singapore People's Action Party. He is the Member of Parliament (MP) for the Potong Pasir Single Member Constituency (Potong Pasir SMC). Sitoh is currently the Chairman of Nexia TS Public Accounting Corporation, an accounting firm in Singapore.
Sitoh graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Accountancy in 1987. He is registered chartered accountant in Singapore and Australia. Sitoh worked as an audit manager at KPMG before starting his own accounting firm, Nexia TS Public Accounting, in 1993.
Sitoh first entered the political arena in 2001 under People's Action Party (PAP), contesting against longtime opposition leader Chiam See Tong who had been the Member of Parliament for Potong Pasir Single Member Constituency since 1984. He failed but garnered a respectable 47.6% of the votes against the veteran. He contested again in 2006 against Chiam but could only get 44.2% of the votes. In 2011, Chiam, who had been representing Potong Pasir for 27 years, left to contest in the Bishan-Toa Payoh Group Representation Constituency. As a result, Sitoh contested against Lina Chiam (Lina Loh Woon Lee) who is the wife of Chiam See Tong instead during his third attempt. It was the closest fight of the 2011 election and he won by a mere 114 votes against Lina Chiam, receiving 50.36% of the votes. Sitoh was officially declared as a Member of Parliament on 9 May 2011. He retained his seat in the 2015 elections. In January 2017, Sitoh was co-opted into PAP’s Central Executive Committee.
Sitoh currently serves as the Chairman of Potong Pasir Town Council and as the Advisor to the Potong Pasir Grassroots Organisations. He also serves as an executive member of the PAP Community Foundation.
- Labroy Marine (October 1996 - January 2008)(Non-Executive)
- Lian Beng Group (1999 - July 2015)
- Nera Telecommunications (April 1999 - February 2013)
- Chinasing Investment Holdings (August 2000 - May 2012)
- United Food Holdings (December 2000 - October 2015)(Non-Executive)
- Meiban Group (2001 - Present)(Non-Executive)
- SingHaiyi Group (June 2002 - December 2003)
- Allied Technologies (May 2003 - October 2015)
- HanKore Environment Tech Group (October 2003 - May 2004(Non-Executive)
- PNE Micron Holdings (March 2002 - March 2011)
- WPG International (2013 - Present)
- TalkMed Group (December 2013 - Present)(Non-Executive)
- ISEC Healthcare (2014 - Present)(Non-Executive)
- http://www.elections.gov.sg/gazette%5CG_ParE2011%5C2011-05-09%20Candidates%20declared%20to%20have%20been%20elected.pdf#zoom=100 Singapore Election Department : Gazette Notification on Candidates declared to have been elected Members of Parliament (2011)
- "Yih Pin Sitoh: Executive Profile & Biography - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Nexia TS - About Us". www.nexiats.com.sg. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2011-03-22. singapore-elections.com : Singapore Election Candidates
- http://www.elections.gov.sg/elections_results2011.html Singapore Elections Department : 2011 PARLIAMENTARY GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS
- Lee, Min Kok (12 September 2015). "GE2015: PAP's Sitoh Yih Pin retains Potong Pasir SMC with 66.4 per cent of votes". The Straits Times. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "4 new members co-opted into PAP's Central Executive Committee Read". Channel NewsAsia. 5 January 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Mr Sitoh Yih Pin - TalkMED Group Ltd". TalkMED Group Ltd. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "PCF COUNCIL". Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Cheow, Xin Yi (8 June 2011). "Are fewer MPs holding company directorships now?". Today. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Past Directorships of Sitoh Yih Pin for the last 5 years as at 23 October 2015".
- hermes (2015-07-13). "Two independent directors leave Lian Beng board". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Announcement of Cessation::Resignation of Independent Director" (PDF).
- "ISEC Healthcare – Our Directors". isechealthcare.com. Retrieved 2017-09-11.