Sitovo Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Ситово) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Silistra Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located along the right bank of Danube river in the Danubian Plain in the area of the South Dobrudzha geographical region. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Sitovo.
The municipality embraces a territory of 270.97 km² with a population of 5,810 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
The main road II-21 crosses the area centrally, from east to west, connecting the province centre of Silistra with the city of Ruse.
Sitovo Municipality within Silistra Province
Sitovo Municipality includes the following 12 places all of them villages:
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,
- ^ a b (Bulgarian)Characterization of Silistra Province
- ^ a b (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- ^ National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- ^ „pop-stat.mashke.org“
- ^ "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.