Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground
|Location||Siu Sai Wan, Hong Kong|
|Owner||Hong Kong Government|
105m X 68m
|Construction cost||HK$230 million|
Hong Kong Yokohama (2012–2013)
Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground (Chinese: 小西灣運動場) is a multi-purpose stadium in Hong Kong. It is currently used mostly for football matches. It occupies about 43,000 meter square and its construction cost over HK$230 million. Opened in December 1996, the Sports Ground is a concrete structure built on a single level, with a permanent seating capacity of 11,981
- Natural grass football field
- Athletic facilities conforming to the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) standard for track and field competitions.
- A weight training room for athletes
- Six air-conditioned changing and shower rooms (two for referees and four for teams)
- A function room and a VIP room
- Refreshment kiosks
- A fee-paying car park with 70 parking spaces (5 for coaches, 10 for motorcycles and 55 for private cars)
Hong Kong First Division League
- Citizen AA used this sports ground as the home stadium in 2009–10 season.
- Hong Kong Yokoyama used this sports ground as the home stadium in 2012–13 season.
FIFA World Cup qualifiers
On 31 March 2004, with the Hong Kong Stadium being readied for the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens, Hong Kong played host to China PR in a 2006 FIFA World Cup qualification game at Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground instead. Hong Kong lost the game to China by 0:1. 9,000 fans attended the game.
On 28 July 2011, Hong Kong will play host to Saudi Arabia in the second round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification. The Hong Kong Stadium is not available due to the hosting of the 2011 Barclays Asia Trophy from 27 to 31 July 2011.
International football matches
China vs Melbourne Victory
On 4 July 2007, China played against Melbourne Victory at Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground, in preparation for the 2007 AFC Asian Cup. The 90 minutes game was separated into 3 30 minute periods and China won the game 1:0 with a goal from Wang Dong in the second period.
South China AA vs Chelsea FC
South China AA played against Chelsea FC from the English Premiership at the stadium on 20 May 1997. South China lost 2:3 to Chelsea. Gianluca Vialli scored two goals, Roberto Di Matteo scored the other. South China's Shum Kwok Pui and Cheng Siu Chung scored for the home team. 10,500 fans attended the game.
This stadium is located close to the bay and the Island Resort private housing estate.
- 20 minutes walk from Chai Wan Station Exit A.
- Buses and minibuses
- 82: Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort) - North Point Ferry Pier
- 84M: Fu Yan Garden - Chai Wan MTR
- 606/606P: Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort) - Choi Wan (Fung Shing Street)
- 682/682P: Chai Wan (East) - Ma On Shan (Lee On)
- 118R: Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground - Mong Kok (Only during event dates)
- 44M: Chai Wan - Siu Sai Wan Estate
- 47M: Chai Wan station - Siu Sai Wan Phase III
- 61: Mong Kok East station - Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- 62A: Heng Fa Chuen (Bus Terminal) - Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)
- "Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground". lcsd.gov.hk. Leisure and Cultural Services Department. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground – World of Stadiums
- [dead link]
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department Archived October 16, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- 2009/10賽季各球會主場[dead link]
- FIFA.com Hong Kong - China PR 0:1 (0:0)[dead link]
- FIFA.com Hong Kong - Kuwait 0:2 (0:1)[dead link]
- [dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground.|