This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Sivakumar Jayakumar, simply known as Siva or popularly as Cheetah, is a filmmaker who has worked in the Tamil cinema as a cinematographer, director and actor.
Siva Kumar was born to documentary photographer Jayakumar in Chennai; his mother tongue is Tamil. He is the grandson of famous producer and writer A. K. Velan. Siva's brother Bala is an actor.
Although he always wanted to become a filmmaker, he pursued photography. In 1998, Siva became a gold medalist from M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute He went on to work with cinematographer Jayanan Vincent. Siva then came to Hyderabad to work for Venkatesh' film Jayam Manade Raa (2000) as an operative cameraman. In 2002, he became an independent cinematographer, shortly after his brother Bala, made his acting debut. He has shot for about 15 films since then.
In 2008, he narrated a script to actor Gopichand who agree to play the lead role. Souryam, co-starring Gopichand along with Anushka Shetty was Siva's directorial debut. The following year, Siva made his second film, again with Gopichand in the lead. In 2011, Siva made his debut as a director in Tamil cinema with Siruthai, a remake of S. S. Rajamouli's Telugu action masala Vikramarkudu. The film, featuring Karthi in the starring role, went on to become a high commercial success, which led to him being referred to as "Siruthai" Siva in Tamil cinema from then on. His fourth directorial, Daruvu, released in May 2012.
In December 2011, Siva was signed by Vijaya Productions to direct a film for their centenary year with Ajith Kumar signed on to play the leading role. Ajith Kumar requested Siva to rework the script to make it as a rural story and production began after a brief delay in 2013. he has given film with ajith titled as Veeram which was the biggest commercial hit on his directorial ventures and told the story of a village do-gooder and his brothers. The film opened in January 2014 to positive reviews and commercial success. His second film in Tamil titled Vedhalam Blockbuster movie starred Ajith alongside an ensemble cast including Shruti Hassan and Rahul Dev, Vivegam is the latest movie in which Ajith and Siva worked together. It released in August 2017 and got mixed criticized by reviewers. The movie was declared semi hit at the box office. His next movie with Ajith Kumar, Viswasam, which produced by Sathya Jyothi Films, is under production.
|2002||Charlie Chaplin||Sakthi Chidambaram||Tamil|
|2002||Sreeram||V. N. Aditya||Telugu|
|2004||Nenunnanu||V. N. Aditya|
|2005||Manasu Maata Vinadhu||V. N. Aditya||Telugu|
|2005||Gowtam SSC||P. A. Arun Prasad||Telugu|
|2006||Boss||V. N. Aditya||Telugu|
|2010||Dammunnodu||B. V. V. Chowdary||Telugu|
- "Siva Kumar (Souryam director) interview – Telugu Cinema interview – Telugu film director and cinematographer". Idlebrain.com. 23 September 2008. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- ‘Even those who are not will become Ajith's fans’. The Hindu (7 November 2015). Retrieved on 2017-12-31.
- Manchi manasuku manchi rojulu (1958). The Hindu (9 July 2015). Retrieved on 2017-12-31.
- "Ajith's new film starts rolling". IndiaGlitz. 2 December 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "Ajith asks Siruthai Siva to rework script". The Times of India. 21 July 2012. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Vivegam Hit or Flop | Vivegam Movie Verdict. Scooptimes (25 August 2017). Retrieved on 2017-12-31.
- "Thala Ajith starts shooting for Viswasam!". Sify. 2018-05-07. Retrieved 2018-05-08.