This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Dasari Narayana Rao|
|Produced by||Dasari Padma|
|Written by||Dasari Narayana Rao (story, dialogues, screenplay)|
|Music by||Pasupuleti Ramesh Naidu|
|Cinematography||K. S. Mani|
|Edited by||K. Balu|
Sivaranjani (Telugu: శివరంజని) is 1978 Telugu drama film written and directed by Dasari Narayana Rao. The film is about a village girl Sivaranjani who goes on to become a famous film actress, played by Jaya Sudha. Later it was remade in Tamil as Natchathiram with Sripriya in the leading role in 1980.
It is a musical film with lyrics penned by C. Narayana Reddy. The music score is provided by P. Ramesh Naidu. The Abhinava Thaaravo Naa Abhimana Thaaravo and Joru Meedunnave Thummeda, Nee Joru Evari Kosame Thummeda ? are memorable songs.
The film is about a village girl Sivaranjani (Jayasudha), who goes on to become a famous film actress. A small town boy, Hari Prasad forms her fan club and starts admiring her. Sivaranjani starts finding her true love in this boy. She gives up her career as a film actress, escapes the trauma of limelight and wants to settle down with this boy. However Nirmallamma and Subhashini approach Jayasudha to convince her not to marry the boy. Jayasudha sacrifices her life so that the boy and Subhashini marry.
- Jayasudha ... Sivaranjani
- Hari Prasad ... Sivaranjani's Fan
- Mohan Babu
- Allu Ramalingaiah
- Gokineni Rama Rao ... Sivaranjani's Brother
- K. V. Chalam
- Murali Mohan
- Abhinava Thaaravo Naa Abhimana Thaaravo (Lyrics: C. Narayana Reddy; Singer: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam)
- Chandamama Vacchaadamma Tongi Tongi Ninu Choochaa - P. Susheela
- Joru Meedunnave Thummeda, Nee Joru Evari Kosame Thummeda - P.Susheela
- Maapalle Vadalaku Krishnamurthi Nuvvu Konte Panulakochava
- Mee Ammavaadu Naa Kosam Eeniuntadu
- Navami Naati Vennela Nenu Dasami Naati Jaabili Neevu (Singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam and P. Susheela)
- Paalakollu Santalona Paapayammo Paapayamma (Singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam and P. Susheela)
- The lead violin tune of Joru Meedunnave Tummeda Nee Joru Evari Kosame Tummeda? song was played by Y. N. Sharma, father of music director Mani Sharma.