This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Cameron Highlands, Pahang
9 May 2018 – 30 November 2018
|Preceded by||Palanivel Govindasamy (IND)|
|Youth Chief of MIC|
|Assumed office |
17 November 2013
|Preceded by||T. Mohan|
Sivarraajh s/o Chandran
16 September 1976
Lumut, Perak, Malaysia
|Alma mater||University of Malaya, Universiti Sains Malaysia|
Dato' Sivarraajh s/o Chandran (Tamil: சி. சிவராஜ், translit. Ci. Civarāj; born 16 September 1976) is a Malaysian politician. Sivarraajh was the Member of Parliament for Cameron Highlands parliamentary seat in Pahang. He is also currently the Youth Chief of the Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) and Vice-Chief of National Front or Barisan Nasional (BN) Youth Wing. MIC represents a Malaysian political party and is one of the founding members of the previous ruling coalition, BN that has been in power since the country achieved independence in 1957 until 2018.
Education and Personal Life
Born on 16 September 1976 in Lumut, Perak and later spent his schooling years in Sekolah Menengah Anderson, Ipoh, Perak. Sivaraajh graduated with a Bachelor’s (Hons) in Economics from the University of Malaya.. His expertise and interest in the field of economics lead to him to be a successful entrepreneur. Being brought up in a mediocre family, he understood the difficult lifestyle in managing daily needs of a family. His father Chandran Nagalingam was a general worker in Telekom Malaysia while his mother Chandra Kaniappan a housewife. He has two siblings named Sri Ganesh and Khayathry. Sivarrajh is married to Malathi Annamalai from segamat, johor,and has three children named Vassanthraaj, Sivashini and Tivhashinee. They were dating while studying at universiti of malaya.
Following, he was appointed as Youth Chief of the Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) and Vice-Chief of National Front Barisan Nasional Youth Wing from 2013 to present. In 2011, he became a member of the advisory panel of the Special Affairs Department (JASA), which was the previous Malaysian BN government’s propaganda unit, helping the Director-General of the organisation in formulating political strategies, especially those pertaining to Malaysian Indians and currently appointed as a special officer to the Perak Menteri Besar.
In early 2017, Sivarraajh was appointed as Cameron Highlands Parliamentary Constituency Coordinator. Functional through a locally set up Community Service Centre (Pusat Khidmat Masyarakat Parlimen), Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands, its role includes to map needs of the community within the constituency for strategic resource allocation.
MIC Youth Disaster Aid Centre (MYDAC)
In 2014, as the Chief of MIC Youth Wing Sivarraajh established MIC Youth Disaster Aid Centre (MYDAC) to enable organised assistance delivered during natural disasters to victims.
Malaysian Indian Youth Consultative Council (MIYCC)
In 2014, he founded the Malaysian Indian Youth Consultative Council (MIYCC), which aims to foster entrepreneurship and economic skills among Indian youths, and currently serves as its advisor. The council is held by esteemed icons of the Indian society in Malaysia such as Datuk Dr. Jeyaindran (Deputy Director General, Ministry of Health), Dato' Param (Former DCP, PDRM), Datuk Bhupat Rai (Board of Directors, International Bank India), En. Ravindran Devagunam (Director, PEMANDU), Professor Sivamurugan Pandian (USM), Dato’ CM Vignaesvaran (Chief Executive,PSMB), and five other individuals. Further, he also launched Action Plan for Malaysian Indian Youth under MIYCC in October 2016 inline with the initiatives takes by the Malaysian Prime Minister to draft plan for the Malaysian Indian Bluerprint.
On 30 November 2018, The High Court here, sitting as an election court, has nullified MIC’s election victory in Cameron Highlands, saying there was vote-buying and corrupt practices were committed to induce voters in the constituency alleged by DAP’s M. Manogaran. Judge Azizah Nawawi, in allowing Manogaran’s election petition, said the petitioner had proven beyond reasonable doubt that money was given to voters during the campaign period.She added that the Election Commission would be notified of the court’s decision.
The Election Court’s ruling today means that Cameron Highlands incumbent C Sivarrajh is at risk of losing his parliamentary seat.During the petition hearing, Orang Asli leaders testified that Barisan Nasional candidates for the Cameron Highlands parliamentary and Jelai state seats gave a total of RM2,100 to six Tok Batins, in seeking their support few days before polling day.
The Tok Batins also said they were given RM200 as “duit rokok” (cigarette money) during the 12-day campaign period. However, Sivarraajh denied the claims of vote buying, insisting that this was wrong under the law. Malaysia anti corruption commission is investigating into several corruption charges during his stint at Cameron highlands. They would like to question all the assets he had gained during his tenure as a politician.
|2013||N30 Buntong, P65 Ipoh Barat||Sivarraajh Chandran (MIC)||4,433||24.79%||Sivasubramaniam Athinarayanan (DAP)||13,062||71.79%||18,195||8,629||79.64%|
|Iruthiyam Sebastiar Anthonisamy (IND)||261||1.46%|
|Mohd Basri Shafie (IND)||127||0.71%|
|2018||P078 Cameron Highlands, Pahang||Sivarraajh Chandran (MIC)||10,307||42.30%||M. Manogaran (DAP)||9,710||39.85%||24,365||597||76.03%|
|Wan Mahadir Wan Mahmud (PAS)||3,587||14.72%|
|Suresh Kumar Balasubramaniam (PSM)||680||2.79%|
|Mohd Tahir Kassim (BERJASA)||81||0.33%|
- Sivarraajh goes for Youth top post The Star Online, Kuala Lumpur, 6 November 2013
- Sivarraajh reinstated as MIC Youth secretary, MalaysiaKini, Kuala Lumpur,31 Januari 2012
- MIC Youth demands for more seats in GE14, The Malaysian Times, Kuala Lumpur 15 October 2016
- Showdown looming in MIC Youth, The Star Online, Kuala Lumpur, 7 November 2013
- Sivarraajh is new MIC Youth chief, TheSunDaily, Kuala Lumpur, 17 November 2013
- Sivarraajh and Mugilan likely to vie for MIC Youth chief post, The Star Online, Petaling Jaya 5 September 2013
- Umno terima Sivarraajh di Cameron Highlands, Sinaran Harian, 6 Oktober 2017
- Tenaga buruh Cameron Highlands berkurangan - Sivarraajh, Utusan Online, 23 Januari 2018
- MIC Youth launches MyDAC to help out flood victims, The Sun Daily, Kuala Lumpur, 30 December 2014
- MIC Youth to send special report on Indians to PM’s Office, The Rakyat Post, Kuala Lumpur, 16 Jan 2014
- MIYCC Rangka Pelan Tindakan Pembangunan Belia India Malaysia 2016-2018, Bernama,Kuala Lumpur, 10 Februari 2016
- Court nullifies MICs election win in Cameron Highlands, Free Malaysia Today, Kuala Lumpur, 30 November 2018
- Court nullifies BNs victory Cameron Highlands, New Straits Times, Kuala Lumpur, 30 November 2018
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 5 May 2013. Results only available for the 2013 election.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.