Six Dales Trail
|Six Dales Way|
|Length||39 mi (63 km)|
|Location||North and West Yorkshire, England|
|Trailheads||Jubilee Tower, Otley, West Yorkshire
Market Cross, Middleham, North Yorkshire
|Elevation gain/loss||total ascent 1,453 m (4,767 ft)|
From Otley in Wharfedale the trail heads north to Swinsty Reservoir, then follows Washburndale past Fewston Reservoir to the small village of Blubberhouses. From the dam of Thruscross Reservoir above Blubberhouses the trail climbs and descends to the village of Glasshouses in Nidderdale. It says close to the River Nidd to Pateley Bridge. Above Pateley the trail coincides with the Nidderdale Way past Wath and Gouthwaite Reservoir to Bouthwaite near Ramsgill. The trail then ascends to cross Fountains Earth Moor and Low Ash Head Moor to the head of Roundhill Reservoir. It descends to cross Colsterdale at Gollinglith Foot to reach Ellingstring and Jervaulx Abbey in Wensleydale. It then ascends the side valley of Coverdale for 1.9 miles (3 km) before turning north to reach the end of the trail at Middleham.
- "Six Dales Trail". Long Distance Walkers Association. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- Jack, Jim (6 March 2013). "Otley's 'walk of delights' hailed a triumph". Wharfedale Observer. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "The Six Dales Trail". Walkers are Welcome Otley. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "BBC - Otley has warm welcome to walkers". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- Batten, Rhiannon (26 June 2010). "Yorkshire: Striding ahead in the Six Dales". The Independent. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- Walkers are Welcome - Otley Homepage
- Six Dales Trail
- Long Distance Walkers' Association
- Nidderdale AONB