Six Mile Township, Franklin County, Illinois
|Six Mile Township|
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.83 sq mi (95.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.14 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.69 sq mi (1.8 km2) 1.87%|
|Elevation||397 ft (121 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||3,786|
|• Density||107.5/sq mi (41.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62865, 62896, 62983, 62999|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.83 square miles (95.4 km2), of which 36.14 square miles (93.6 km2) (or 98.13%) is land and 0.69 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 1.87%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these fourteen cemeteries: Browning, Butler, Dawson, Miners (Old), Miners (New), Moyers, Osage, Saint Aloysius, Saint Andrews, Saint Marys, Vaughn, Wells, Zeigler (Old), and Zeigler (New).
Airports and landing strips
- B And A Lake
- Hilyn Lake
- Zeigler-Royalton Community Unit School District 188
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Six Mile Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Illinois: Airport Locations in Illinois
- Adams Airport - Illinois - Map and Area Photos
- Getting to Carbondale: By plane - Illinois Travel Guide - iGuide[permanent dead link]
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.