|Single by Jack White|
|from the album Blunderbuss|
|B-side||"Love Is Blindness"|
|Released||March 13, 2012|
|Jack White singles chronology|
Keeping in line with Third Man Records's affinity towards unusual visual and physical concepts, the 12" release of "Sixteen Saltines" uses a clear, hollow record filled with blue liquid. This is the first liquid-filled record to be publicly available; Walt Disney Pictures previously attempted to release a liquid-filled record during promotion of The Black Hole, but the idea was scrapped due to leakage issues with prototypes. The 7" is also available in classic tri-colour like most of the Third Man Records' 7". There is also an unlimited regular black vinyl edition of the same release in 12" and 7".
In the music video directed by AG Rojas, White sits on a windowsill with his hands tied in front of him with rope as two men painted white surround him while a boy painted in blue watches. The video also contains various clips of children doing random activities and ends with Jack White then tied up in a vehicle that the boy painted in blue is about to set on fire, but the video is cut before any fire is seen.
White worked with several veteran musicians that he's work with before on the single.
- Jack White – lead and backing vocals, electric lead and rhythm guitars, organ
- Carla Azar – drums, percussion
- Brooke Waggoner – Hammond B-3 organ
- Fats Kaplin – fiddle
- Bryn Davies – upright bass
- Kevin Childress – acoustic guitar, bass
- Ben Blackwell – drums
- Single Review: “Sixteen Saltines” by Jack White « Team Hellions
- http://thirdmanrecords.com/about/catalog/ (TMR137)
- http://thirdmanrecords.com/about/catalog/ (TMR135)
- Jack White (2) - Sixteen Saltines (Vinyl) at Discogs
- "Jack White (2) – Sixteen Saltines", Discogs.com. Retrieved October 18, 2014.