Sixth Avenue MRT station
|Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station|
Platform level of Sixth Avenue MRT station
|Location||777 Bukit Timah Road|
|Operated by||SBS Transit DTL (ComfortDelGro Corporation)|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opened||27 December 2015|
|Previous names||Eng Neo / Sixth Avenue / Bukit Timah|
Despite its name, this station is located directly underneath the traffic junctions of Bukit Timah Road, Eng Neo Avenue and Fourth Avenue. It was described by the media as the first MRT station to be located within a private residential area.
The main contractor for the station Alpine Bau went bankrupt in mid-2013. On 28 June 2015, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew announced that the delay was "completely resolved" by the authorities and Stage 2's opening date was reverted to 27 December 2015.
- A: Fifth Avenue Condo, Guthrie House, Royalville, Second Avenue Junction, Sixth Avenue Centre, Sixth Avenue Ville, Soo’s Nursing Home & wheelchair accessible
- B: Eton House Pre-School, Jalan Naga Sari, Nanyang Girls’ High School, The Grandstand (Old Turf City), Vanda Estate & wheelchair accessible
- "Residents have mixed feelings over new Sixth Avenue MRT station". Channel News Asia. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- "Stage 2 of Downtown Line to open in first quarter 2016". TODAYonline. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Thumbs Up For Downtown Line's Earlier Opening". The Straits Times.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sixth Avenue MRT Station.|
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|