Sjur Aasmundsen Sexe
Sexe was from Ullensvang parish in Hordaland, Norway. He attended Bergen Cathedral School and graduated as cand.miner. in 1840. He first worked in Trondhjem as a mine superintendent, later at the Kongsberg Silver Mines. He was mayor of Kongsberg for three months in 1851, being succeeded by Jens Landmark.
- "Sjur Aasmundsen Sexe" (PDF). tfb.no/db. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- "Øvre – Sekse, Ullensvang herad, Hordaland". Matrikkelutkastet av 1950. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- Personalhistorie for Trondhjems by og omegn i et tidsrum af circa 1 1/2 aarhundrede, by Chr. Thaulow. Hosted by Trondheim public library.
- Mayors of Kongsberg[permanent dead link] - hosted by Kongsberg municipality
- Sjur Aasmundsen Sexe (1872) On the rise of land in Scandinavia (University of Oslo)
|This article about a Norwegian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|