|County||Västra Götaland County|
|• Total||685.08 km2 (264.51 sq mi)|
|• Land||673.68 km2 (260.11 sq mi)|
|• Water||11.4 km2 (4.4 sq mi)|
|Area as of January 1, 2014.|
|Population (December 31, 2016)|
|• Density||79/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
The present municipality was formed in 1971 when the City of Skövde was amalgamated with five surrounding municipalities. The number of original entities (as of 1863) is nearly 30. They had in 1952 been reduced to six.
University of Skövde is the largest university in the town. It is ranked 21 in the nation's ranking. Informatics and computer science along with Bio-informatics and molecular biology are some of the chief international students picks.
- Halden, Norway, since the 1940s
- Ringsted Municipality, Denmark, since the 1940s
- Sastamala, Finland, since the 1940s
- Kuressaare, Estonia, since 1994
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2016" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2017. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skövde Municipality.|
- Skövde Municipality - Official site