The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2014)
Ska Parade, also known as SP Radio One, is a southern California radio show whose goal is to promote up-and-coming ska artists, as well as other types of new bands. The show was created by Tazy Phyllipz and Albino Brown. The show was a part of the Orange County third-wave ska movement of the mid-1990s. In 1998, the Ska Parade was raided by the heavy metal band Gwar, who fought The Aquabats. Ska Parade's first compilation album, Step On It: The Best of The Ska Parade Radio Show, helped the career of Sublime and helped launch third wave ska onto the airwaves of many commercial radio stations (e.g. KROQ-FM, KCXX, 91X). Ska Parade's second compilation, Runnin' Naked Thru the Cornfield, featured exclusive tracks by Reel Big Fish, The Specials, Save Ferris and The Aquabats. **Ska Parade (based in OC, CA) currently airs on www.DirtyRadio.FM (commercial alternative) every Sunday from 8p-10p Pacific.
- Augustyn, Heather (2013). Ska: The Rhythm of Liberation. Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press, Inc. p. Chapter 9. ISBN 978-0-8108-8449-6.
- "GWAR vs The Aquabats on The Ska Parade; RIP Dave Brockie | Boston Ska (dot) net". Bostonska.net. 2014-03-24. Retrieved 2015-05-30.
"Ska Parade at 10" article in OC Weekly:
- Official website
- / Bio
- Article about Ska Parade[dead link] from Rolling Stone
- Articles about Ska Parade from Los Angeles Times
- "State of the Third-Wave Nation - Page 1 - Music - Orange County - OC Weekly". www.ocweekly.com. Archived from the original on 2010-12-22.