Skaff Elias is a game designer.
Skaff Elias was at Wizards of the Coast working on Magic: The Gathering since the early days of the company.:287 He was one of the designers for various Magic sets, including Arabian Nights (December 1993), Antiquities (March 1994), Legends (June 1994), Fallen Empires (November 1994), and Ice Age (June 1995), Mark Rosewater also credits Skaff Elias with the invention of the Magic Pro Tour.
Elias did the main design work for the Chainmail miniatures game.:289 Elias and Richard Garfield designed an MMORPG based on Dungeons & Dragons, which was never published because Hasbro folded up the D&D computer rights into Hasbro Interactive and then sold them to Infogrames, leaving Wizards with no rights to publish D&D computer games.:289
He co-authored the D&D manual Miniatures Handbook (2003).
Elias and Garfield also worked on Mind Twist, a free-to-play strategy game from Mind Control Software.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702- 58-7.
- Elias, Skaff (9 August 2002). "Better Late Than Never". Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- Elias, Skaff (8 March 2002). "Legendary Difficulties". Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- Rosewater, Mark (9 February 2009). "Whatever Happened to Barry's Land?". Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- Rosewater, Mark (26 July 2004). "On Tour, Part 1". Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved 11 January 2008.
- Richard Garfield and Skaff Elias join forces with Mind Control Software on ground-breaking Online strategy game