Skaggs School of Pharmacy
|Dean||James McKerrow, Ph.D, M.D.|
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree awarded in a four-year program
- Joint Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemistry and Pharm.D. degree awarded in a seven-year program in cooperation with UCSD's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Ph.D. degree in pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences
- Post Pharm.D. pharmacy practice and specialty residencies and research fellowships
- A continuing education program for practicing pharmacists.
The Skaggs School was authorized by the Regents of the University of California in July 2000. The school was named on November 4, 2004 in recognition of a $30 million gift, the largest ever to UC San Diego Health Sciences, from the Skaggs Institute of Research. The inaugural class began in the Fall of 2002 with 25 Doctorate of Pharmacy students, and graduated the first class of students in the Spring of 2006.
On May 2, 2006, the school opened the doors of its new four story and 110,000-square-foot (10,000 m2) facility to house all of its academic and research operations.
As of 2015, enrollment is 240 Pharm.D. students, 60 Ph.D. students and 30 pharmacy residents. The school accepts 60 Pharm.D. students per year.
- Skaggs "About Us" Facts
- San Diego Union Tribune Newspaper: Pharmacists a first at UCSD
- San Diego Union Tribune Newspaper: UCSD pharmacy school gets emergency cash
- Press Release: $30 million gift from the Skaggs Institute for Research to the school of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences
- Press Release: Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences officially opens its doors