Skanlite is a simple image scanning application, based on the KSane backend. In KDE 4 Skanlite replaced Kooka of KDE 3 as default KDE scanning application.
Skanlite is based on libksane, an interface provided by KDE for SANE libraries to control flat scanners. It also works with networked scanners.
Skanlite can save images in the following formats:
- jpeg, jpg, png, bmp, ppm, xbm, xpm.
Skanlite can open a save dialog for every image scanned or save the images immediately in a specified directory with auto-generated names and format. T
If only portion of image is needed, user can first scan quick preview, select wanted area and then scan the wanted area in high quality.
- ^ Skanlite, Kde.org, retrieved 2012-08-23
- ^ Kooka, Userbase.kde.org, 2012-06-10, retrieved 2012-08-23
- ^ Skanlite handbook, Docs.kde.org, 2011-11-29, retrieved 2012-08-23
- ^ a b Skanlite, Docs.kde.org, 2011-11-29, retrieved 2012-08-23