Skateboarding at the 2020 Summer Olympics
at the Games of the XXXII Olympiad
|No. of events||4|
|Skateboarding at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
Skateboarding at the 2020 Summer Olympics is an event to be held in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan. It is one of five sports added specifically for 2020, with no guarantee it will return to the programme in later years.
There are 80 quota spots available for skateboarding. Each NOC can obtain a maximum of 3 spots in each event (total 12 maximum across the 4 events). Each event will have 20 competitors qualify: 3 from the World Championships, 16 from world rankings, and 1 from the host, Japan.
Four medal events will be held:
Skateboarding in the 2020 Olympics will be taking place in the Aomi Urban Venue, in Tokyo.
- "IOC approves five new sports for Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - Olympic News". Olympic.org. 2016-08-03. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- "Skateboarding Is Now an Olympic Sport". RIDE Channel. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Qualification System – Games of the XXXII Olympiad – Skateboarding; World Skate, 6 April 2018
- "TOKYO 2020 EVENT PROGRAMME TO SEE MAJOR BOOST FOR FEMALE PARTICIPATION, YOUTH AND URBAN APPEAL". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- Zaccardi, Nick (2016-12-07). "Tokyo 2020 Olympic venues approved for new sports". OlympicTalk. Retrieved 2017-05-08.