Current Skechers logo (1998–present)
|Traded as||NYSE: SKX|
|Headquarters||Manhattan Beach, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|503 (company-owned worldwide)|
|Revenue||US$ 1.846 billion (FY 2013)|
|US$ 60.868 million (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
|6,868 (Jan 2014)|
|Slogans||Skechers., It's the S. (1990–2000), From Skechers. (2006–), By Skechers. (2006–), The shoes that can breathe (2006–), New from Skechers (2006-2010)|
Skechers is an American shoe company headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, founded by CEO Robert Greenberg and his son Michael in 1992. After Robert left LA Gear, which he had founded in 1983, the Greenbergs set up Skechers as a distributor for Doc Martens. Importing knock-off Doc Martens boots ended in a legal battle between Skechers and R. Griggs Group. Skechers' early products were utility-style boots and skate shoes; the company has since diversified to include thousands of athletic, casual and dress styles for men, women, and children.
Skechers makes an effort to maintain a trendy and stylish brand image by using celebrity-driven advertising, and has promoted its product with The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, marathon runner Meb Keflezighi, quarterback Joe Montana and entrepreneur Mark Cuban. In 2014, the company signed a deal with the owners of the race horse California Chrome to display the company's logo on various items worn by the horse and his handlers during the 2014 Belmont Stakes.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division that includes the charity line BOBS and Relaxed Fit comfort shoes, and a performance division that includes Skechers GOrun and GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, watches, eyewear and additional merchandise. Skechers has an extensive network of global distributors that sell its product in over 120 countries and territories, and nearly 900 SKECHERS stores around the world.
In 1998, Skechers signed an agreement with ModaCAD Inc. to participate in ModaCAD's dynamic interactive, photo-realistic 3-D rendered virtual shopping mall.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX) main financial via wikinvest
- SKECHERS U.S.A., INC. Form-10K, Securities and Exchange Commission, February 28, 2014
- Sole Survivors. Forbes.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-30.
- Robert Greenberg 1940— Biography – Entrepreneurial skills, L.a. gears boom and bust. Referenceforbusiness.com. Retrieved on 2011-04-30.
- Skechers U.S.A. Inc. — Company History
- SKECHERS Corporate Information
- Darren Rovell (June 2, 2014). "Skechers signs California Chrome". ESPN.
- "SKECHERS USA Inc. to Participate in ModaCAD and Intel Developed E-business Fashion Solution.".
- Dina Elboghdady (2012-05-16). "Skechers agrees to $40 million settlement for claims about shoes' benefits". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skechers.|