|Elevation AMSL||157 ft / 48 m|
Skellefteå Airport (IATA: SFT, ICAO: ESNS), is located about 17 km from Skellefteå, Västerbotten, Sweden. Skellefteå Airport is ranked as one of 10 largest airports in Sweden in terms of domestic flights.
Airlines and destinations
|Jet Time||Seasonal charter: Gran Canaria|
|Scandinavian Airlines|| Stockholm-Arlanda |
|Transavia||Seasonal charter: Rotterdam, Rovaniemi|
Just before Easter in March 2016, the airport gained notability for issuing a warning to witches flying south to Blåkulla during the holiday, not to enter the airport's airspace since they risked colliding with aircraft. Instructions for witches on how to submit proper flight plans were included in the warning. According to old Swedish folklore, witches (påskkärringar) fly on their broomstick to Blåkulla during Easter, accompanied by their familiars, usually cats. Metrologist Åsa Rasmussen added a recommendation to let the cat stay at home, since the weather forecast predicted heavy snowfall.
- "Passagerarfrekvens" (PDF) (in Swedish). Swedish Transport Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Landningsfrekvens" (PDF) (in Swedish). Swedish Transport Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Only Flight". tui.se.
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines begin new seasonal service between Skelleftea and Malaga
- Lindberg, Joel (25 March 2016). "Skellefteå airports varning: "Snälla undvik vårt luftrum"" [Skellefteå Airport's warning: "Please avoid our airspace"]. www.norran.se. Västerbottens-Kuriren. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- Assmundsson, Mikael (24 March 2016). "Varningen: Kan bli trångt i luftrummet" [Warning: Airspace can get crowded]. www.svt.se. Sveriges Television. Retrieved 25 March 2016.
- Skellefteå Airport – Official website
- Airport information for ESNS at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|