|Headquarters||PO Box 692. Preston PR3 8BB|
|Revenue||£46 million (2017)|
Number of employees
Skiddle is a primary ticket outlet and events guide based in Preston dealing with event bookings, registrations, promotion and online ticket sales. The company has a turnover in excess of £15 million and over 25 employees.
Skiddle was launched in May 2001 initially as a 'What's on Guide' for Preston in Lancashire. It was incorporated as Skiddle Ltd in January 2006. In February 2014 Skiddle acquired new 5000 sq/ft premises in Longridge to support expansion.
In August 2015 Skiddle launched an iOS app with mobile 'Box Office' functionality. The app works with Bluetooth printers and iZettle card-readers, allowing tickets to be purchased and printed closer to gig start times.
In 2013 Skiddle announced their white-label ticket shop, already in use by Mixmag, would also be powering Debenhams' Box Office. During October 2015 Skiddle was chosen as the official ticket website for the BBC Radio 1Xtra Live event in Leeds.
Skiddle have sponsored a range of festivals, tents and gigs mainly in the UK.
- In 2005 the firm sponsored its first dance tent at The Wickerman Festival.
- At the 2010 RockNess Festival the firm introduced the SKIDDLEBUS, a multimedia broadcast bus for live coverage allowing festival goers to upload their content. The bus is now a regular feature at UK festivals as well as being used by the BBC.
- Skiddle sponsored the Bass Music Awards in 2013, its inaugural year, and has continued this sponsorship through 2015.
- In 2015 Skiddle attended the Isle of White Festival, Leeds and Reading festivals and Creamfields, providing up to 10,000 pairs of 3D printed wellington boots to attendees.
In 2011 Skiddle announced their sponsorship of the charity Campaign Against Living Miserably (C.A.L.M). A checkout donation scheme on the Skiddle website has helped to raise money for several UK charities. A donation in 2015 for over £15,000 was presented to the Anthony Nolan trust with previous benefactors including Macmillan and the Disasters Emergency Committee.
In 2016 Skiddle announced they would be aiming to raise £100,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support in memory of a colleague died from cancer.
The total raised to date for charities is over £149,000
Skiddle has received a Hitwise Top 10 Award every month since 2008 and in August 2011 Skiddle was awarded the Hitwise Top 6 Award, making it one of the most viewed websites in the UK within its category.
In March 2012, Skiddle was awarded 'Online Business of The Year' by the Lancashire Business Review's "Red Rose Awards".
- "Preston-based Skiddle ends financial year on a high". www.lep.co.uk. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- 
- "SKIDDLE LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Skiddle.com expanding to Longridge". www.lep.co.uk. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Box office app set to transform the event industry by boosting last-minute sales - Event Industry News". Event Industry News. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Skiddle Teams up with University of Salford". Manchester Evening News.
- "University of Salford and Skiddle launch training programme to prepare students for working life | University of Salford, Manchester". www.salford.ac.uk. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Skiddle Inks Deal With Mixmag". Lancashire Business View.
- "Skiddle Affiliates Get Ready for NYE". Skiddle Blog.
- "BBC - 1Xtra Live Academy". BBC. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Skiddle At Wickerman Festival". Lancashire Evening Post.
- "BBC Radio Lancashire Introducing's Sean McGinty Supported by SKIDDLEBUS" (PDF). Creative Lancashire.
- "PRESS RELEASE - The Bass Music Awards". The Bass Music Awards. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Skiddle to 3D print wellington boots on site in anticipation of rainy UK festival season". The Drum. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Campaign Against Living Miserably Sponsored by Skiddle". SourceWire.
- "CALM Sponsors: Skiddle". CALMZone.
- "Skiddle". Anthony Nolan. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Skiddle support is 'just the ticket' for saving lives". Anthony Nolan. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Top 10 Hitwise Award for Skiddle". Hitwise.
- "Red Rose Awards Shortlist". Red Rose Awards.
- "Event Production Awards 2016 Winners".
- "Skiddle named best ticketing company".
- "Skiddle in double triumph at Ticketing Technology awards".
- "Skiddle wins two Ticketing Tech Awards".