View of Skidegate from outside the Haida Heritage Centre.
|Regional district||Skeena-Queen Charlotte|
|• Chief Councillor||Willard Wilson|
|• Total||5.65 km2 (2.18 sq mi)|
|Elevation||28 m (92 ft)|
|• Density||138.3/km2 (358/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC-8)|
Skidegate // (Haida: Hlg̱aagilda ) is a Haida community in Haida Gwaii (formerly the Queen Charlotte Islands) in British Columbia, Canada. It is located on the southeast coast of Graham Island, the largest island in the archipelago, and is approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi) west of mainland British Columbia across Hecate Strait. Skidegate, which is located on Skidegate Indian Reserve No. 1 and was formerly home to the Skidegate Mission is also the northern terminal for the BC Ferries service between Graham Island and Alliford Bay on Moresby Island.
The Haida Heritage Centre is located in Skidegate on the beach at Kay Llnagaay.
- Statistics Canada. 2006 Census
- "FirstVoices: Hlg̱aagilda X̱aayda Kil : words". Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- BC Names/GeoBC entry "Skidegate (community)"
- BC Names/GeoBC entry "Skidegate Mission (community)"
- BC Names/GeoBC entry "Skidegate 1 (Indian reserve)"