SKILSAW Power Tools (since 1924) is a manufacturer of cutting technology serving the professional construction market.
SKILSAW Power Tools was founded in 1924 with the invention of its flagship tool, the SKILSAW, the world’s first portable circular saw. This saw's invention also spurred the use of worm drive gearing, Dual-Field™ motor and die-cast aluminum motor housing. In 1937, its successor, the SKILSAW Model 77 became the benchmark of portable circular saws and continues to be used on jobsites across the United States.
During the post-war era, the company expanded and began producing bench top tools and tools for a do-it-yourself audience. The company name was changed from SKILSAW Inc. to SKIL Corporation in 1952. Then, in November 2014, SKIL rebranded, making SKILSAW the brand serving the professional construction market and SKIL the brand serving the consumer do-it-yourself market.
Since rebranding, SKILSAW introduced a variety of new professional-grade saws not only for wood cutting, but for cutting new materials used on jobsites. The initial product lineup following the rebrand featured pro grade Sidewinder circular saws, and the first 10-1/4-inch worm drive saw. The following year brought three new metal cutting saws, including the first 8-inch worm drive optimized for metal, a 12-inch dry cut saw and a 14-inch abrasive chop saw. In addition to metal cutting, SKILSAW also announced a saw for fiber cement in 2015  and the first worm drive saw for concrete in 2016. Both of these saws were developed to meet new OSHA guidelines that protect workers from respirable silica dust. The company also expanded beyond traditional circular saws with the first worm drive table saw in 2016 and two reciprocating saws in 2017.
SKILSAW’s product lineup includes worm drive saws, SIDEWINDER™-branded circular saws and benchtop saws for various materials including wood, metal, fiber cement and concrete. In 2017, SKILSAW expanded its product offering from circular to linear cutting with its first-ever reciprocating saw.
In 1991, the Emerson Electric Company and Robert Bosch GmbH entered into a joint venture by combining their power tool subsidiaries. In 1992, the new venture came to fruition as S-B Power Tool Co. In 1996, after four years of the partnership, Robert Bosch GmbH took over complete ownership of Skil.
On August 23, 2016, Chervon (HK) Ltd., a global power tool manufacturer agreed to acquire the SKILSAW brand from Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, which gave them control over the SKIL businesses in both North America and the European market.
- "SKILSAW Set to Redefine Brand Identity | Pro Tool Reviews". Pro Tool Reviews. 2014-11-14. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- "Skil's Fiber-Cement Saw". www.toolsofthetrade.net. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- "Skilsaw's Medusaw is First Worm Drive Saw Specifically for Concrete". www.forconstructionpros.com. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- "Worm Drive Table Saw". Professional Deck Builder. 2017-05-31. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- angelkipfer (2017-09-08). "Vibration-suppressing reciprocating saw". Woodworking Network. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- "Skilsaw Buzzkill 13-Amp Reciprocating Saw Review | Pro Tool Reviews". Pro Tool Reviews. 2017-08-21. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- "Chervon completes acquisition of SKIL power tool brands from Bosch". torque-expo.com. Retrieved 2017-12-12.