It has 895 stores throughout Korea and 5000 stores worldwide, located in shopping districts, hypermarkets, shopping malls and residential areas and two outlets in Seoul’s main shopping district. The company was included in Forbes The World's 500 Most Influential Companies in 2012. The company's value was evaluated as $ 19.7 billion in the spring of 2015 and it continues to grow in a rapid pace.
Struggles: In the fall of 2018, the company has struggled financially following the Chinese revenge on the THAAD establishment in Korea. 100% of the company stocks is currently owned by the Cho Family, once part of the House of Yi, Korean Imperial Household in Joseon Dynasty.
Myeongdong. In August 2012, as part of Lotte Department Store's expansion programme into China, Skin Food was featured in a replica of Myeong-dong in its new store in Tianjin, along with Missha and The Face Shop.
Skin Food has seen increase in sales from foreign visitors and have opened outlets outside South Korea such as Taiwan, Philippines, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan and Hong Kong. Korean actors & actresses such as Shin Won-ho, Lee Jong-suk, Kang Tae-oh, Im Si-wan, Ryu Jun-yeol, Sung Yu-ri, Lee Min-jung, Ha Yeon-soo, Kim Yoo-jung, Shin Eun-soo and Brazilian singer Stephanie Garden were featured in Skin Food Korea commercials.
Their packaging is similar to that of plastic food containers.
In August 2012, Hong Kong Consumer Council announced that two of Skin Food's nail products contained benzene, which is a known carcinogen for leukemia. The company denied using benzene in their products.
- Kwon, Mee-yoo (13 January 2009). "Japanese Tourists Stingy in Shopping". Korea Times. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Travel Highlights: What To Buy When Shopping in Korea". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Kim, Jung-yoon (31 August 2012). "New dawn rising for Lotte in China". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (20 September 2010). "Buying beauty at a bargain price". Korea Times. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- Chui, Timothy (17 August 2010). "Dangerous toxins found in nail care products". China Daily. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Kim, Tong-hyung (31 August 2010). "Skin Foods nail polish is hazardous". Korea Times. Retrieved 8 October 2012.