|Alma mater||University of Baltimore School of Law and Towson University|
|Occupation||President and CEO of OCLC|
|Website||Skip Prichard: Leadership Insights|
Early life and education
Skip Prichard was born in New Jersey and grew up in Baltimore. He earned a bachelor's of science from Towson University and graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Prichard held executive positions with LexisNexis from 1995 to 2003. As vice president, he focused on business information and risk management solutions for corporations, libraries, and other organizations.
Prichard was general manager and senior vice president of sales and marketing at ProQuest Information and Learning, a global publisher and information provider, from April 2003 to October 2005. From October 2005 to April 2007, he served as president and CEO of ProQuest. In February 2006, an accounting irregularity was discovered, creating financial difficulty for the company. In November 2006, ProQuest sold its Business Solutions automotive division to Snap-on Incorporated for $481 million. The proceeds of this transaction were used to repay debt.
Prichard served as COO and then as president and CEO of Ingram Content Group Inc., a print and digital services supplier to the book industry, from August 2007 to June 2012. Prichard was responsible for the $1.5 billion global enterprises that included Ingram Book Group, VitalSource, Coutts Information Services, and Ingram Library Services.
Prichard was named president and CEO of OCLC on July 1, 2013. During his leadership, OCLC has expanded their WorldCat Discovery Services as ProQuest added more than 320 million records, enhancing library discovery. The Harvard Business Review noted Prichard as "standout example" of CEO engagement on social media, writing that he "blogs on leadership and shares insights from his favorite authors – often with no direct benefit to him or his organization."
In 2017, Prichard published The Book of Mistakes: 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future, based on stories culled from interviews of "over a thousand unbelievably successful people ranging from politicians to news anchors to sports heroes." Prichard said, "I wrote it from the mistake angle because I actually learned as much, if not more, from people talking about their mistakes. All of us make mistakes, and the wisdom from these mistakes is often more valuable than advice from the supersuccessful."
- Skip Prichard: The Book of Mistakes. 9 Secrets to Creating a Successful Future. [Nashville], Center Street, 2018. ISBN 9781478970903
- Schwartz, Meredith (June 15, 2013). "Skip Prichard Named OCLC President, CEO". Library Journal. 138 (11): 14.
- "Skip Prichard Named CEO and President of OCLC, Will Take Over July 1". Info Docket.
- "Looking Beyond Print at Ingram". The Bookseller: 14. July 9, 2010.
- "Prichard: the new leader for OCLC". Information Today: 31. June 2013.
- Hane, Paula J. (2013-05-20). "Skip Prichard Named OCLC President and CEO". Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- Britt, Phillip (June 2006). "ProQuest: A Question of Financing". Business Collection: 1.
- Rogers, Michael (November 15, 2006). "ProQuest Sells Biz Solutions Unit". Library Journal. 131 (19): 26.
- Batiwalla, Nevin. "Skip Prichard to step down as CEO of Ingram Content Group". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "ProQuest added more than 320 million records from ProQuest Central to OCLC's WorldCat Discovery Services". Information Today: 28. September 29, 2017.
- "ProQuest and OCLC Partner for Library Discovery". Information Today. 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2017-12-02.
- "The 7 Attributes of CEOs Who Get Social Media". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- "ALA 2017 Spotlight: Four Questions with Skip Prichard". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Skip Prichard: Leadership Insights
- 'ALA 2017 Spotlight: Four Questions with Skip Prichard'. In: Publishers Weekly, 17 June 2017
- "An Interview with Skip Prichard". American Libraries Magazine. 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Q&A: Skip Prichard: OCLC chief invested in sharing knowledge, leadership skills". Thrive in Dublin, Ohio, USA. 2017-11-27. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- Yost, Mary (2017-11-25). "Q&A: Skip Prichard: OCLC chief invested in sharing knowledge, leadership skills". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved 2017-12-01.