Skippy: Adventures in Bushtown
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Skippy: Adventures in Bushtown|
|Created by||John McCallum (original tv series); Yoram Gross|
|Directed by||Yoram Gross|
|Music by||Guy Gross|
|Opening theme||"Skippy Adventures in Bushtown" by Keith Scott|
|Ending theme||"Skippy Adventures in Bushtown" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Sandra Gross
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original network||Nine Network|
|Original release||5 September 1998 – 26 February 1999|
Skippy: Adventures in Bushtown is an animated children's series created by Yoram Gross, set in a fictionalised Australian town. It is based on the character Skippy from the 1968 live-action series Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo (voiced by Jamie Oxenbould) is a young park ranger (possibly early 20s) who resides in Bushtown. He always happens to get in the way of Mayor Croco, his greedy wife Sulka, his pack of goons and his frequent get-rich schemes which often endanger the town.
- Skippy: A bush kangaroo and the protagonist. He works as the park ranger of Bushtown. He is a very thoughtful, caring, dutiful and well-educated sort doing what he can keep Bushtown in order and its people happy.
- Matilda Roo: A bush kangaroo who casts the news on television around Bushtown and the host of Bushtown Tonight. Usually she is first on the scene and she's a good friend of Skippy, open to his ideas.
- Professor Angus McPouch: A Scottish-accented Pelican who invents gizmos to improve progress in Bushtown. Half of his inventions don't always have a successful testing phase.
- Mayor Croco: A crocodile and the primary antagonist. He starts out as a garbage collector and becomes mayor of Bushtown by a pure stroke of luck, but he doesn't do his fair service for the people and regards Skippy as a hindrance to his campaign.
- Damon: A rat and one of Croco's goons who serves as his chauffeur.
- Sirloin: A bull and one of Croco's goons (voice based on Sylvester Stallone).
- Brusier: A boar and another of Croco's goons (voiced based on Arnold Schwarzenegger).
- Suka: Croco's spoiled and prissy wife with a mania for cleanliness and Croco just cannot disagree with her demands and opinions.
- Bomba: TBA
- Pos: A possum cameraman based on Slick from Blinky Bill hence his voice being based on Eddie Murphy's.
- Plato Bill: The previous mayor of Bushtown who had been in service for 50 years and then retired.
- Digger Dan: TBA
- Captain Shelley: TBA
- Mr. Roge: The recorded producer to teaching Suka to sing.
- Mrs. Cocka: Professor McPouch's maid.
- Oscar: A frog to kissing.
- Wanda Wombat:
- Captain McCroc: is Croco's great antsier and he was a ghost he warns him not to seak the treasure.
|1||"Trouble in Bushtown"||5 September 1998|
|Trouble Comes to Bushtown - Today Mayor Bill is retiring. Croco gets money out of the candidates for the crowds he brings to them. The voting event gets out of hand, but when Skippy saves Croco, Ex-Mayor Bill accidentally announces Croco as the mayor.|
|2||"Hooray for Crocowood"||12 September 1998|
|Hooray for Crocowood - When chairs and tables are confiscated by the Bushtown Council Tax Collector for non payment of a new tax the owners plead with Skippy to do on the movie.|
|3||"Sabotage at Sea"||19 September 1998|
|Sabotage at Sea - TBA|
|4||"The Mean Green Queen"||25 September 1998|
|The Mean Green Queen - TBA|
|5||"The Big Drought"||2 October 1998|
|6||"The Oil Crisis"||9 October 1998|
|The Oil Crisis - TBA|
|7||"Invasion of the Robots"||16 October 1998|
|Invasion of the Robots - Professor MacPouch has invented a tree planting robot to fix the damage done by bush fires. Mayor Croco replaces his factory workers with robots to fund Sulka's dream opera house, but that causes a financial halt in the business. After taking care of the crisis, Skippy gets Croco the opera house for Sulka.|
|8||"Battle of the Pumpkins"||23 October 1998|
|Battle of the Pumpkins - TBA|
|9||"A Town Called Suka"||30 October 1998|
|A Town Called Suka - TBA|
|10||"Dance Fever"||6 November 1998|
|Dance Fever - TBA|
|11||"Skippy the Firefighter"||13 November 1998|
|Skippy the Firefighter - Skippy is the Honorary fire Brigade captain who discovers that the existing fire truck is so old he must fight the fire by water bombing from a helicopter when Mayor Croco and the council authorise a new modern fire truck Skippy discovers that Croco is up to his old tricks again...|
|12||"Calling Doctor Skippy"||20 November 1998|
|Calling Doctor Skippy - Skippy discovers that Mayor Croco and his wife Suka have used the funds for a new hospital to improve the road to their mansion most distraught, Skippy devises a set of tricks that convince Croco and Suka that they are in need of a new hospital with the latest medical equipment.|
|13||"A Fistful of Opals"||27 November 1998|
|A Fistful of Opals - Skippy's old friend Digger Dan digs up in the old mine then the volcano blows sky high with the hot lava but Mayor Croco is up to his old tricks again.|
|14||"You’re in the Army Now"||4 December 1998|
|You’re in the Army Now - TBA|
|15||"Run for the Money"||11 December 1998|
|Run for the Money - TBA|
|16||"The End of the World"||18 December 1998|
|The End of the World - Croco is told by Captain Shelley of Pearl World that it take the end of the world for him to hand over a prize pearl Skippy goes into disguise to foil the devious Croco's campaign to convince the citizens that Bushtown is in the path of a comet!.|
|17||"The Sound of Suka"||25 December 1998|
|The Sound of Suka - Sikppy becomes suspicious when Suka, with a voice so bad even her husband Mayor Croco concedes she's absolutely dreadful, his a big hit with her first music video the magnificent voice however is not hers but belong's Skippy's friend Wallaby recorded by the unscrupulous music agent Roj.|
|18||"Underwater Treasure"||1 January 1999|
|Underwater Treasure - Skippy dresses of Mayor Croco's great antsier Captain McCroc warns Croco the treasure is hunted when Croco and his goons on the submarine to get the treasure.|
|19||"Suka the TV Star"||8 January 1999|
|Suka the TV Star - TBA|
|20||"The Kissing Frog"||15 January 1999|
|The Kissing Frog - TBA|
|21||"Close Encounters of the Croco Kind"||22 January 1999|
|Close Encounters of the Croco Kind - TBA|
|22||"Curse of the Blue Diamond"||29 January 1999|
|Curse of the Blue Diamond - TBA|
|23||"Skippy's Double Trouble"||5 February 1999|
|Skippy's Double Trouble - TBA|
|24||"The First Crocodile on the Moon"||12 February 1999|
|The First Crocodile on the Moon - TBA|
|25||"Bye Bye Birdies"||19 February 1999|
|Bye Bye Birdies - TBA|
|26||"The Kidnap Caper"||26 February 1999|
|The Kidnap Caper - After Skippy is rescuing the little joey to his mum now Suka is kidnapped but Sikppy becomes that Croco is up to his tricks again.|