Original film poster
|Directed by||Sidney Lanfield|
|Produced by||Joe Pasternak|
|Written by||Isobel Lennart|
|September 8, 1952|
Skirts Ahoy! is a 1952 MGM musical film shot in Technicolor and directed by Sidney Lanfield. It stars Esther Williams, Vivian Blaine and Joan Evans.The films follows the adventures of several women who join the WAVES with sequences filmed on location at the Great Lakes Naval Training Station. The film also features the film debut of Billy Eckstine.
- Esther Williams as Whitney Young
- Joan Evans as Mary Kate Yarbrough (singing voice was dubbed by Joan Elms)
- Vivian Blaine as Una Yancy
- Barry Sullivan as Lt. Cmdr. Paul Elcott
- Keefe Brasselle as Dick Hallson
- Dean Miller as Archie O'Conovan
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- 'Top Box-Office Hits of 1952', Variety, January 7, 1953
|This article about a musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|