Young at the San Diego Comic Con in 2010
|Born||March 3, 1978|
|Awards||Inkwell Award for The All-in-One Award (2013)|
Skottie Young (born March 3, 1978) is an American comic book artist, children's book illustrator and writer. He is best known for his work with various Marvel Comics characters, his comic book adaptations of L. Frank Baum's Oz books with Eric Shanower and a series of novels with Neil Gaiman.
Young moved from Tennessee to Chicago in 2000 at which time he began working for Marvel Comics. Early projects included illustrating the Spider-Man Legend of the Spider Clan mini-series as part of the Marvel Mangaverse as well as the Human Torch and the New X-Men for which he also wrote an issue.
He has gained critical acclaim for his work on the New York Times Best Selling and Eisner Award winning series The Wonderful Wizard of Oz published by Marvel Comics. He and collaborator Eric Shanower adapted the next five books in the Oz series, but there are currently no plans to continue with any of the eight books remaining in Baum's original series.
Young wrote and drew a Rocket Raccoon solo series for Marvel Comics starting in July 2014. Though the series precedes the release of the Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy, there was no mandate to respect the movie's continuity. Young commented at the time "I think it's going to have a connection to that nostalgic feeling for 'Looney Tunes,' that old animated flavor where everything wasn't squeaky clean, you know? Daffy Duck would get his bill blasted off with double barrel shotguns... That's what I grew up watching, and being able to play around with that in this hyper-superhero intergalactic universe will be a lot of fun."  In 2018, As part of the Fresh Start relaunch of Marvel's titles, he became writer of Deadpool. In June 2019 Marvel Comics published The Marvel Art Of Skottie Young.
This section needs to be updated.July 2019)(
- Cable & Deadpool #35–50 (cover art)
- New X-Men #37–43
- Human Torch #1–6
- Venom #14–18
- New Warriors: Reality Check #1–6
- Runaways/X-Men: Free #1
- Spider-Man: Legend of The Spider Clan #1–4
- Oz series
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #150
- Rocket Raccoon #1–11
- I Hate Fairyland #1–20
- Deadpool #1–present
- Bully Wars #1–present
- Middlewest #1-present
- "Neil Gaiman and Skottie Young Team for Children's Novel", Comic Book Resources. 11 July 2012.
- "Marvel To Flood Market With Skottie Young Covers", Bleeding Cool. 4 June 2013.
- "Rocket Raccoon Spins Off 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into Solo Comic Series", MTV News. 27 Feb 2014.
- kirsten thompson (MAR 06, 2018). "Deadpool Joins Marvel's Fresh Start Relaunch With New #1". CBR.com. Archived from the original on September 8, 2020. Retrieved September 8, 2020. Check date values in:
- "About Me". skottieyoung.com. Retrieved 2016-11-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skottie Young.|