|• Local Authority||Majlis Bandaraya Iskandar Puteri|
|• President||Salehuddin Hassan|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
Skudai (also spelled Sekudai) is a suburb in Iskandar Puteri, Johor Bahru District, Johor, Malaysia. Skudai is part of the new growth corridor of southwest Johor. Its population ranges between 160,000 and 210,000. It is the headquarters of the Iskandar Puteri City Council and it is home to the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia campus.
For the 2013-2018 term, the Dewan Rakyat parliamentary constituency of Gelang Patah (P162) is represented by Lim Kit Siang Democratic Action Party (DAP) while the Johor State Assembly seat of Skudai is represented by Boo Cheng Hau from the Democratic Action Party (DAP), who is also the former of the Johor State legislative assembly opposition leaders.
For the 2008-2013 term, the Dewan Rakyat parliamentary constituency of Gelang Patah (P162) was represented by Tan Ah Eng of the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) while the Johor State Assembly seat of Skudai was represented by Boo Cheng Hau from the Democratic Action Party (DAP).
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN TAMAN TUN AMINAH
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH TAMAN SKUDAI BARU,
- SEKOLAH MENEGAH KEBANGSAAN DAMAI JAYA
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN TAMAN SELESA JAYA 1,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN TAMAN SELESA JAYA 2,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH TAMAN UNIVERSITI,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH TAMAN UNIVERSITI 2,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN SKUDAI,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH TAMAN DESA SKUDAI,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH TAMAN MUTIARA RINI 1,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH TAMAN MUTIARA RINI 2,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH ISLAM HIDAYAH,
- SEKOLAH MENENGAH SRI PULAI PERDANA
- SJK(C) Pu Sze
- SJK(C)Kuo Kuang
- SJK(C)Kuo Kuang 2
- SJK(T)Taman Tun Aminah
- SJK(T)Ladang Rini
- SK Taman Selesa Jaya
- SK Taman Skudai Baru
- SK Sekudai Batu 10
- SK Sri Skudai
- SK Taman Desa Skudai
- SK Taman Universiti 1
- SK Taman Universiti 2
- SK Taman Universiti 3
- SK Taman Universiti 4
- SK Sri Pulai Perdana
Skudai has a large catchment area, hence the sizeable number of shopping centres built around Skudai. The shopping centres that are in and within Skudai are Skudai Parade, AEON Taman Universiti, Tasek Sentral, The Store in Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, Sutera Mall in Taman Sutera Utama, U Mall in Taman Pulai Utama and Giant Hypermarket, which is situated along the Jalan Skudai. The latter two shopping centres were abandoned. Skudai Plaza was abandoned due to bankruptcy attributed to poor business, while Kemayan City was abandoned during a period of economic downturn.
- "Laluan Bas Muafakat". Bas Muafakat Johor (in Malay). Retrieved 17 March 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skudai.|