Skull and crossbones
(Redirected from Skull and Crossbones)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up skull and crossbones or ☠ in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Skull and crossbones is a symbol of a human skull with two long bones crossed below it. It is used in several contexts:
- Skull and crossbones (symbol), as a symbol of death and especially as a memento mori on tombstones, a warning symbol of poisonous substances and danger
- Skull and crossbones (military), in variations used by several military forces
- Skull and crossbones (fraternities and sports), used also by secret societies
- Skull and crossbones (Spanish cemetery) "campo santo", used to mark the entrances to cemeteries
- Unicode represents the symbol "☠" in its Miscellaneous Symbols block.
Skull and bones may refer to
- Jolly Roger, the name of various (black/pirate) flags often including skull and crossbones
- Skull and Bones, a secret society at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut
- Skull & Bones (album) by the rap group Cypress Hill
- Skull & Bones (video game), an upcoming video game by Ubisoft
- Skull & Bones, a power metal band from Argentina
- Skull n Bones, a song by Zomboy, released on his album The Outbreak
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Skull and crossbones.|
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Skull and crossbones.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.