Sky Blu (rapper)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sky Blu in 2011
|Born||Skyler Austen Gordy
August 23, 1986
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Sky Blu, SkysNuts, The Party President, Sky, 8ky 6lu, 86|
|Occupation||Rapper, singer, record producer, DJ, dancer|
Skyler Austen Gordy, (born August 23, 1986) better known by his stage name Sky Blu (written 8ky 6lu), is an American rapper, singer, record producer, DJ and dancer best known as one half of the musical duo LMFAO, along with his paternal uncle Redfoo. They have two albums together, 2009's Party Rock and 2011's Sorry for Party Rocking. Gordy is the grandson of Motown founder Berry Gordy. He is the son of Berry Gordy IV and Valerie Robeson. He is the brother of Mahogany Cheyenne Gordy aka Mahogany Lox who is a DJ and singer (born October 5, 1994).
In 2007, Sky Blu teamed up with his uncle Redfoo to form LMFAO. They are known for their hit songs "Party Rock Anthem" and "Sexy and I Know It," which were released in 2011. "Party Rock Anthem" became the most successful song of their entire career, peaking at number one in over ten countries, including France, the UK, the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland, and Australia. LMFAO is currently in a hiatus that started in September 2012. In 2010, Sky Blu created Big Bad University ("the first university for dreamers"), a collective of artists, which is mainly composed of the rapper Shwayze, the ex-Paradiso Girls member Chelsea Korka and the producer, singer and songwriter Mark Rosas. In 2013, Sky released his two first singles: "Pop Bottles" in January with Mark Rosas, and "Salud" in April with his manager Reek Rude, Sensato and the actor Wilmer Valderrama. A few months later, on July 4, he released his 9-track first album Rebel Music as a free download. In January 2014, Sky Blu introduced to the world his alter ego The Party President, with his single "Go On Girl". On December 14, Sky Blu was invited to the Miss World ceremony to perform his single "We Love Girls" with KG Superstar which was released the next month on iTunes.
- Rebel Music (2013)
- We Evolve Every Day (2012)
As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(featuring Mark Rosas)
(featuring Reek Rude, Sensato and Wilmer Valderrama)
|"Go On Girl"||2014||—||—||Non-album singles|
|"We Love Girls"
(featuring KG Superstar)
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
As featured artist
- Drunk Off Your Love - Shwayze and Cisco featuring Sky Blu
- I Need A Girl - BLAC featuring Sky Blu
- Uh Oh (Came Here To Party) - Leaf featuring Sky Blu
- Do You Love Me ? - Ariana Grande featuring Sky Blu
- Tonight (Hyper Crush Remix) - Enrique Iglesias featuring Hyper Crush and Sky Blu
- All Of The Time - Mark Rosas featuring Sky Blu and Shwayze
- Small Potatoes - Mark Rosas featuring Sky Blu and Shwayze
- Alcohol (Remix) - The Cataracs featuring Sky Blu
- Bolt - Shwayze featuring Sky Blu
- Perfect Gentleman - Shwayze featuring Sky Blu
- Maldito Jumo - Juan Magan featuring Sky Blu, Sensato, Victor Magan and Reek Rude
- #SEXSONG - Big Bad (Prod. by Sky Blu & Mark Rosas)
- Boom - Mahogany Lox (Prod. by 8ky 6lu)
- Talk Dirty (8ky 6lu Remix) - Jason Derulo featuring 2 Chainz
- Draft Day (8ky 6lu Remix) - Drake
- Happy (8ky 6lu Remix) - Pharrell Williams
- We Dem Boyz (8ky 6lu Remix) - Wiz Khalifa
- Partition (8ky 6lu Remix) - Beyoncé
Music video appearances
- Love Is Overrated - Shwayze
- Reaction - Mark Rosas featuring Chelsea Korka
- Boom - Mahogany Lox
- "Sky Blu Facebook Page".
- The Times of India. "American rapper Sky Blu aka LMFAO performs - Worldnews.com". Article.wn.com. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- Roberts, Randall (13 January 2012). "Critic's Notebook: LMFAO's brand of party rock uniquely American". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 25 August 2012.