|Headquarters||Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada|
SkyBox Labs is an independent video game developer located in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. They are mostly known for their work with Xbox Game Studios on the Halo, Age of Empires and Minecraft franchises.
SkyBox Labs collaborated with Relentless Software on their first title, Kinect Nat Geo TV, which was developed for Xbox 360 with Kinect. It was published by Microsoft Studios and released on September 18, 2012. It received mostly positive reviews, scoring 78 out of 100 on review aggregator site Metacritic.
SkyBox Labs continued working with Microsoft Studios after that, co-developing an expansion pack for Age of Empires II HD called The Forgotten with Forgotten Empires, which was released on November 7, 2013. They also worked on a remaster of Age of Mythology called Age of Mythology: Extended Edition, which was released on May 8, 2014 and received mixed reviews, scoring 66 out of 100 on Metacritic, they also co-developed a new expansion for Age of Mythology: Extended Edition called Tale of the Dragon together with Forgotten Empires, which was released on January 28, 2016. They also developed a remaster of Rise of Nations, Rise of Nations Extended Edition, released on June 12, 2014.
On June 17, 2014, EA Sports UFC was a collaboration between EA Canada and SkyBox Games. It was the first UFC game after THQ lost the license and it was sold to Electronic Arts. Final product received mixed, but mostly positive reviews, with Xbox One version scoring 71 out of 100 on Metacritic and PlayStation 4 version scoring 69 out of 100.
Japanese company DeNA published their next two video games, first being Military Masters for iOS and Android, which was released on December 4, 2014, and second being Protocol Zero for Samsung Gear VR, which was released on January 5, 2015.
SkyBox Labs then developed and self-published Parade Runner for iOS and Android, which was released on April 9, 2015. Company is also working on a PC game called Lethal Tactics, which was released in Early Access on Steam on May 20, 2015.
- "Kinect Nat Geo TV Unleashed for Xbox 360 Reviews - Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- "Age of Mythology: Extended Edition for PC Reviews - Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- "EA Sports UFC for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "EA Sports UFC for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "SkyBox Labs Brings Bedrock Version of Minecraft to Nintendo Switch - SkyBox Labs". skyboxlabs.com. Retrieved 2018-07-27.
- "MINECRAFT (Bedrock Version, Nintendo Switch)". SkyBox Labs. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- "MINECRAFT (Bedrock Version, PlayStation®4)". SkyBox Labs. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- Makuch, Eddie (2018-07-27). "Halo Infinite Adds A Co-Developer". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-07-27.