This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||KRX: 053210|
|Headquarters||918-1 Mok-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
|Nam Gi Lee CEO|
|Products||Direct broadcast satellite
Pay TV services & Programming
Number of employees
|283 (as of 31 December 2010)|
- December 19, 2000 - The South Korean government decided to create an official satellite television provider (KT-lead KDB Consortium).
- March 30, 2001 - The company was founded.
- March 1, 2002 - Officially began to provide satellite broadcasting service.
- December 24, 2002 - Total number of subscribers exceeded 500,000.
- May 21, 2003 - Interactive television and Dolby 5.1 surround sound capabilities provided for the first time in South Korean television.
- September 29, 2003 - HDTV services and the SkyHD channel launched.
- October 28, 2003 - TV SMS services launched.
- November 1, 2003 - T-Commerce service launched.
- November 3, 2003 - Total number of subscribers exceeded 1 million.
- March 24, 2004 - Interactive election broadcasting service provided for the first time in Korea.
- April 11, 2005 - TV ordering service launched for the first time in Korea.
- May 3, 2005 - TV Banking service launched for the first time in Korea.
- January 25, 2006 - BBC World News launched.
- June 14, 2006 - FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 rebroadcast in North Korea.
- November 20, 2006 - SkyPVR personal video recording service launched for the first time in Korea.
- December 31, 2006 - Number of subscribers amounted to 1.96 million, resulting in yearly profit of 3.6 billion won.
- February 24, 2007 - Number of subscribers reached 2 million.
- May 23, 2007 - SkyEnglishWorld English language channels only package released.
- April 1, 2008 - H.264 HD service launched
- January 1, 2009 - SkyEn, exclusive channel for men entertainment, was launched.
- March 5, 2009 - Discovery HD World launched.
- July 1, 2009 - Qook TV Skylife, joint service with Saterlite broadcast and IPTV's VOD, launched.
- January 1, 2010 - Sky3D, first 3D channel service in Korea, was launched.
- March 25, 2011 - Number of subscribers reached 3 million.
- March 29, 2011 - The company renamed from Korea Digital Satellite Broadcasting to KT Skylife because KT became the largest shareholder and took control of the company.
- May 30, 2011 - The KTSkylife New Channel This-colaunched 2011.
- July 31, 2011 - HDChannel 101Channels,New launched 2011(Channel One|Entertainment,SBS-CNBC|News)
- December 31, 2011 - Entertainment Channel New 2011 Skyrainbow High-def launched
- January 1, 2012 - Channel IT, Data Channel For Korean, launched.
- July 1, 2012 - Ch.N,The M Relaunched
Total 200 channels as of April 2008 (92 Video Channels/41 Audio Channels/20 Interactive Channels)
(full 'list of channels' on Skylife will upload soon. These channels are the sneak preview of it)International Network(Asia Package)
- Arirang TV
- Animal Planet
- BBC World News
- BBC Lifestyle
- CNN International
- Cartoon Network
- Channel NewsAsia
- C Music TV
- Discovery Channel
- Discovery HD World
- Disney Channel
- Disney Junior
- History Channel
- NHK World Premium
- NHK World TV
- 서울신문 STV
- Sundance Channel
- STAR Chinese Channel (Korean Subtitles)
- STAR Chinese Movies (Korean Subtitles)
- STAR Chinese Movies Legend (Korean Subtitles)
- Animax Korea
- BBC Earth
For full channel number listing and click here
Source: SkyLife Official Homepage
Based on the data of March 31, 2011.
- List of shareholders of SkyLife(Korean), taken from their official homepage.