|Created by||Martin Stanford|
|Presented by||Martin Stanford|
|Country of origin||UK|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Sky News|
|Picture format||16:9 (UK, online service)
|Original release||2 October 2007 – 10 September 2010|
SkyNews.com, formerly Sky.com News, was a nightly half-hour television news programme broadcast at 7pm weekdays on Sky News in the United Kingdom. It was the first British news programme to be solely dedicated to Internet led news and was hosted by Martin Stanford. The show was cancelled in 2010, with the last edition airing on 10 September 2010. The slot was replaced with a one-hour edition of Jeff Randall Live, which previously aired after SkyNews.com at 7.30pm.
The programme was launched in October 2007, and focused on the popular news stories on the Sky News website, as well as the Internet as a whole. In February 2008, Sky.com News won a Royal Television Society award for its innovative approach to news and for letting "the public rather than the news editor set the agenda.” The programme was streamed live through the Sky News website, and whilst the television programme went to a commercial break, Stanford would give the online audience additional content.
On 8 September 2008, Sky.com News became SkyNews.com (in line with a web address change for Sky News, which has since been superseded by news.sky.com) and moved to the 7pm slot each weekday, running until 7.30pm. The show previously ran from 7.30-8pm Tuesday to Friday.
- Most clicked - The top stories on SkyNews.com
- Movers - Martin and a guest blogger chat about hot topics
- Buzz - A guest debate with web agenda
- Most searched - The top searched words on SkyNews.com
- Video - Current popular web videos
- skynews.com - the final show tonight at 7pm sky news: we've dug up some of the best videos we've shown over the 3 years we have been on air Martin Stanford, Twitter, 10 September 2010
- Sky News extends flagship business programme Sky Press Office, 10 September 2010
- "Sky News named RTS news channel of the year". Sky Press Office. 21 February 2008.
- so skynews.com is the only tv show with the web agenda for only another 10 days... then I cede 7pm to Randall and occupy 8-10pm instead! Martin Stanford, Twitter, 1 September 2010
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|