|Type||Pay TV, Broadband and Phone|
|Slogan||Believe in Better|
Its corporate headquarters are based in Dublin which were opened by Taoiseach Enda Kenny on 18 January, 2013. Sky Ireland provides customers in Ireland with digital television channels. Sky have launched their broadband in Ireland with packages varying from €40 to €57.50 per month and speeds of up to 100Mbps. Sky's broadband services have no cap and are unlimited.
Sky Ireland is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky plc.
- Sky previously operated an Irish version of Sky News.
- In 1998 Sky Digital launched its digital television services within Ireland.
- Sky Ireland provides opt-out feeds of key Sky television channels which includes Sky1, Sky Sports, Sky News and Sky Atlantic.
- Sky Media Ireland is the media sales arm of Sky Ireland. They sell advertising opportunities across all of Sky's wholly owned channels including Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky News and Sky Sports. In addition, we sell on behalf of media partners including the MTV and Discovery Networks.
- As of January 2013: The company has 500 workers that work from its contact centre with a possible increase of 1,000 by year end. BSkyB chief executive Jermey Darroch announced on 18 January, 2013 that Sky Ireland will invest a further €1 billion over the next five years in Ireland.
- As of September 2013: Sky Ireland now employ 800 people at its Dublin base. Sky Ireland have confirmed they expect to invest €1.25 billion with expansion into the Irish market with Irish specific productions and further expansion of its existing Irish telecommunications company.
- In October 2013 Sky Ireland Launched the On Demand service to its Irish customers.
- December 2013 Sky launched Ireland's biggest Catch-up TV Service.
Sky Ireland EPG
The Sky EPG lists all channels carried on the Sky platform. Many channels are free, others are available only with a subscription.
Sky Ireland Channels
This list indicates Sky owned channels with an opt-out feed for the Irish market.
- Sky 1
- Sky 2
- Sky Atlantic
- Sky Living
- Sky Living +1
- Sky News
- Challenge TV
- At the Races
- Sky Sports
Sky subscribers in Ireland have a different choice of channels compared its other European counterparts. The standard Irish channels RTÉ One, RTÉ Two, TV3, TG4 and 3e are available to all Irish subscribers. Irish channels are also available on satellite using Saorsat. Free to air channels like the ITV and the Channel 5 family of channels, can only be tuned via the Other Channels section.
Sky Ireland Broadband
In February 2013 BSkyB launched its broadband and telephone product in Ireland, and have made significant headway into the Irish market as one of the few providers offering 'triple play' (Phone, broadband and digital TV)to the public. As Sky Plc Irish offering of broadband and phone is made via the existing telephone network (LLU and non-LLU), it is widely available. In Ireland, Sky Plc operates under the identity of Sky Ireland with its headquarters in Dublin. Sky Ireland as of 26 December 2014 have launched Fiber Broadband of up to 100mbs
- Sky plc
- Sky (United Kingdom)
- Sky Deutschland
- Sky Italia
- RTE Television
- Sky News Ireland
- Setanta Sports
- List of television stations in Ireland
- "BSkyB Ireland - The Irish Film & Television Network". iftn.ie.
- "Sky TV plans €1bn Irish expansion with move into broadband and phone". Independent.ie.
- Tuning guide for all uk fta channels, Posters on www.boards.ie, 14 September 2007, retrieved 29 June 2009