Real Lives (TV channel)
|Launched||13 December 2004|
|Owned by||Sky plc|
|Picture format||16:9, 576i (SDTV)|
0.01% (+1) (April 2015 , BARB)
|Slogan||"Life's worth watching" (2009-2011)|
|Formerly called||LIVINGtv2 (2004-2007)
Sky Livingit (2011-2015)
|Timeshift service||Real Lives +1|
Channel 173 (+1)
|Virgin Media||Channel 160
Channel 207 (+1)
|Smallworld Cable||Channel 160
Channel 207 (+1)
Channel 63 (+1)
|UPC Ireland||Channel 158|
|TalkTalk TV||Channel 304|
|Sky Go||Watch live (UK & Ireland only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
Real Lives is a British television channel owned by Sky plc. It is the sister channel of Sky Living. It was originally known as LIVINGtv2 from the channel's launch in 2004 till 2007, and then was known as Living2 from 2007 to 2009.
The channel mainly shows highlights of programming from the main channel, along with extended coverage of its reality programmes, such as I'm Famous and Frightened Extra! and Most Haunted Live. However, the channel has gained the American reality TV series, The Amazing Race. The channel has also shown more lifestyle and health related programmes such as Baby ER, Birth Stories, Downsize Me and Wedding SOS.
Every morning from 10am to 12pm, there used to be a programming slot called Baby Zone, in which programmes related to pregnancy and birth were shown. Programmes included Birth Days, Maternity Ward and Babies: Special Delivery.
Living2 was rebranded as Livingit on 30 November 2009, following problems making viewers understand that the channel is not a time-shifted version of the main channel. The relaunch was accompanied by new programming under the strapline "Life's worth watching".
It was announced on 25 October 2010, that Living would be rebranded as Sky Living in early 2011 and move EPG positions on Sky from channel 112 to 107 after Sky 1 and before Sky Atlantic. As part of the move Livingit was rebranded as Sky Livingit.
Upon the launch of drama channel ITV Encore, on 3 June 2014, it moved to EPG slot 222 on Sky, and Sky Livingit +1, whose EPG number was replaced by Sky Arts 1 HD (SD on HD viewing) moving to slot 223.
On 9 June 2015, Sky Livingit was rebranded as Real Lives, moving to slot 172 on Sky.
- Ghost Hunters
- Ghost Hunters International
- Nothing to Declare
- Jerry Springer
- Airline USA
- The Real A&E
- RSPCA Animal Rescue
- Dog the Bounty Hunter
- Motorway Patrol
- The Biggest Loser
- The Biggest Loser Australia
- The Steve Wilkos Show
- Four Weddings
- Four Weddings USA
- Costa Del Street Crime
- Entertainment Week
- Ladyboys 2
- Conversation with a Serial Killer
- My Holiday Hostage Hell
- Teen Wolf
- Children's Hospital
- The Mob Doctor
- World's Toughest Towns
- Harley Street
- Steve Wilkos Show
- Sun, Sea and A&E
- Caribbean Cops
- America's Next Top Model
- Laid Bare
- The Real A&E
- Highway Cops
- It's Love, Actually
- "Trouble timeshift axed for more Living2". Digital Spy. 2009-02-03.
- "Implementation-Living 2 +1". AGB Nielsen Media Research. 2009-01-08.
- "Virgin Media relaunches 'Living 2' as 'Living It'". Marketing Magazine. 2009-10-30.
- "Virgin Media to drop Living2 brand". Marketing Magazine. 2009-10-05.
- "VMtv rebrands Living and Living2". Marketing Week. 2009-11-18.
- "Sky confirms strengthened entertainment line-up". British Sky Broadcasting. 25 October 2010. Retrieved 25 October 2010.
- "New Sky EPG line up to make it even easier for customers to enjoy the best in pay TV". British Sky Broadcasting. 18 January 2011.
- Sky Living at sky.com
- Press release of the launch
- America's Psychic Challenge on Living2
- The TV Room looks at presentation/branding on Living 2