||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
SKY Pacific is a Fiji based pay TV service formerly owned by Fiji Television Limited delivering encrypted signals of 25 channels via direct-to-home (DTH) satellite on C-band to subscribers in Fiji and across the South Pacific. It is headquartered in the capital city of Fiji, Suva City with branch offices in Suva, Lautoka, Nadi and Labasa. On April 1 2016, Digicel Fiji officially acquired the company.
SKY Pacific currently operates on MPEG-4 platform with its encrypted signals uplinked to Intelsat 19 from its base station in Suva, Fiji and delivered to households across 13 island countries in the South Pacific including American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati (East), Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga and Vanuatu.
In September 2015, Digicel Fiji decided to buy out Sky Pacific for a mere FJD$5.75m but the Fiji Government refused the buy-out due to Digicel not being owned by a local company. In March 2016, Digicel were finally given a 12-year licence to buy and operate Sky Pacific in Fiji provided that Digicel Fiji is barred from placing local advertisements and local content on Sky Pacific. Local content will only be allowed during natural disasters and to remove all the local content from their channels which meant Sky Pacific had to drop 2 channels, The Pacific Channel and Fiji One which Digicel complied with but they were allowed to add add one of their own channels in TVWan to the lineup.
Digicel Fiji finally took control of Sky Pacific on April 1st 2016.
- Zee TV
- Nat Geo Wild
- Star Plus
- Crime & Investigation Network
- MTV Live
- Sony Entertainment
- ESPN Pacific Rim
- CNN International
- BBC World News
- NHK World TV
- Paramount Channel
- Fox Crime
- Comedy Central
- B4U Movies
- TVWan and TVWAN SPORTS
- TVWAN Action
- TVWAN Life
SKY Pacific has distribution deals with agents in several Pacific island countries:
- American Samoa (Samoa Systems Incorporated)
- Cook Islands (Cook Islands Networking, Entertainment & Multimedia Associates Ltd)
- Nauru (Central Meridian Ltd)
- Niue (Broadcasting Corporation of Niue)
- Samoa (Polylink Telecommunications Ltd)
- Tonga (Tonga Broadcasting Commission)
- shivneel. "FTV sells SKY Pacific to Digicel". skypacific.tv. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- TeleGeography. "Digicel Fiji finally awarded pay-TV licence for Sky Pacific". https://www.telegeography.com. Retrieved 2016-04-17. External link in
- "April 1 Set For SKY Pacific Transition To Digicel | Fiji Sun". fijisun.com.fj. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Fiji-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Oceanian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|