British Parachute Association
The British Parachute Association (BPA) is the national governing body for sport parachuting in the United Kingdom.
The association is funded by membership subscriptions and has an annually elected council which controls all aspects of skydiving on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority. Unlike many other sports which suffer from fragmented and divided governing bodies, British Parachute Association represents most UK skydivers, and most skydivers within the UK are members of the Association.
BPA is constituted as a company limited by guarantee.
Following the 50th anniversary of BPA, an archive project was established to record and collect the history of the sport in the UK and of the Association.
The BPA council consists of ten elected members, together with two independent directors from outside the sport. The council is chaired by Martin Soulsby.
- Black Knights Parachute Centre – Cockerham, Lancashire
- British Parachute Schools – RAF Langar, Nottinghamshire
- Cornish Parachute Centre – Peranporth, Cornwall
- Hinton Skydiving Centre – Hinton-in-the-Hedges, Northamptonshire
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (Army Parachute Association) – Netheravon, Wiltshire
- London Parachute School – Lewknor, Oxfordshire
- North London Skydiving Centre – Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
- North West Parachute Centre – Cark, Cumbria
- Paragon Skydiving Club – Errol, Perth and Kinross
- Skydive Headcorn – Headcorn Aerodrome, Headcorn, Ashford, Kent
- Services Parachute Centre, Ballykelly, County Londonderry
- Silver Stars Parachute Team (The Royal Logistic Corps) – South Cerney, Gloucestershire
- Skydive Academy (formerly: Peterlee Parachute Centre) – Peterlee, Co. Durham
- UK Parachuting at Sibson Airfield (Peterborough Parachute Centre) – Wansford, Cambridgeshire
- Skydive GB, Bridlington – Grindale, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Skydive Jersey – St. Peter, Jersey
- Skydive London – Wanborough, Wiltshire
- Skydive St Andrews – Glenrothes, Fife
- Skydive St George – Darlington, Durham
- Skydive Strathallan – Strathallan, Perth and Kinross
- Skydive Swansea – Fairwood, Swansea
- Skydive UK – Dunkeswell, Devon
- Skydive Weston (Royal Air Force Sport Parachute Association) – Weston-on-the-Green, Oxfordshire
- Target Skysports – Hibaldstow, North Lincolnshire
- The Parachute Centre – Tilstock, Shropshire
- UK Parachuting – Beccles, Suffolk
- Wild Geese Parachute Centre – Movenis & Killykergan, County Londonderry
- The British Parachute Association Archived 28 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- "About Us". British Parachute Association. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Review of the Year 2016" (PDF). British Parachute Association. January 2017. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Where can I jump?". British Parachute Association. Retrieved 1 October 2016.