|Population||7,484 (2011 census)|
|• Density||394/km2 (1,020/sq mi)|
|Area||19 km2 (7.3 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Frankston|
Skye is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 38 km south-east of Melbourne's central business district. Its local government area is the City of Frankston. At the 2011 census, Skye had a population of 7,484.
Skye Post Office opened on 1 June 1889 and closed in 1895. In 1964 Lyndhurst South office (open since 1902) was renamed Skye. This office closed in 1972.
The suburb has one school, Skye Primary School. The suburb has a number of newer housing developments (many which have been developed since 2005).
Southern Lights Church serves the Skye region.
Skye enjoys a large area of land to the east of the suburb which is outside the main growth area and is semi-rural. It forms a green wedge between Skye and Cranbourne West, which is in the neighboring municipality of the City of Casey.
Skye is ranked one of the as the most liveable suburbs in Melbourne, plenty of public transport and many public parks. Skye as a wonderful place for raising children due to its semi-rural location, proximity to beaches and to Lyndhurst Primary School. 
Since the state election on 29 November 2014, The suburb of Skye has been represented by Labor MP Sonya Kilkenny in Victoria's Legislative Assembly. Skye falls within the Electoral district of Carrum.
- City of Frankston - the local government area of which Skye is a part.
- List of Frankston people - notable people from the City of Frankston (including Skye).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Skye (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- Domain, Melbourne's 321 suburbs ranked for liveability, retrieved 11 November 2015
- The Age, Melbourne's most liveable suburbs and a little secret revealed, retrieved 11 November 2015
- Homely.com.au, Skye guide, retrieved 11 November 2015
- Full Point Footy, Southern Football League, retrieved 21 October 2008
- Golf Select, Skye, retrieved 11 May 2009
- Golf Select, Sandhurst, retrieved 11 May 2009
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|